Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am snowchecking an mxz x 1200 but am going back and fourth on whether or not to get the adjustment package. In theory the ts ski sounds like the last piece to the setup puzzle and would be fun to play around with. Unfortunately, this season was not the best one for alot of reviews on them. I am not a really aggressive rider, but I am a little more than average. I like to get on it at times, but also like to take in the scenery at times and just cruise. I have read a couple domments about the skis not being as good others and would love some info on that too if anyone has any. I bought a new sled last year, and now my fiancé wants to ride next winter, so she is taking my old sled and im getting what I want. I will not be buying another one for awhile after this so I want to make the right decision and hope to not have any regrets. Thanks in advance.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,313 Posts
i've found that the ts ski needed more runner than the stk. runners .they do work well and i believe brp might change the ski alittle this year also .stk. runner with the limiter pulled in 1 hole works,but longer carbide and the limiter pulled in 1 hole works better for aggressive riding .make sure to shim them also for the best results . :wink_old:

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
For a 137 in. sled (Renegade, freeride) the 7 inch runner is a must. You can get away with the 4 inch runner with a 129 in. sled. I am happy with mine, and like the adjustability of them, but wish they offered a 6.9 TS ski for better off trail performance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love the adjustability through out the day,works great when trail is softened up a bit,not as good when trail is hard n freshly groomed in the morning,snow trackers will be available for next season,then they should be the best all around.

·
Xrs_800
888 Posts
Stay away from the ts skis they have no grip in lose snow nor ice. For Iowa fast corn field riding good luck turning. I rode 2 xrs back to back and the polit regular ski with woodys carbide works 100 time better. Save the money and buy a good set of carbides. And with the q and a, we never mess with it enough it's more in the way for me. But good luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Stay away from the ts skis they have no grip in lose snow nor ice. For Iowa fast corn field riding good luck turning. I rode 2 xrs back to back and the polit regular ski with woodys carbide works 100 time better. Save the money and buy a good set of carbides. And with the q and a, we never mess with it enough it's more in the way for me. But good luck with the purchase.
I agree. I'm not impressed with them either. I also recommend staying with pilots unless skidoo changes the design.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have a set on my 16' X 129". I have had really good luck with them on trail. You can turn them down and get nearly a 1/2" of carbide. I run the 7" on mine. I have never ran into a situation where I questioned them. We have a guy that runs C&A on a 800. He would pull me on the straight shots and then I would catch him in the corners. We switched sleds and he was impressed on how well they worked.

Worst case scenario, buy the adjustment package and then if you don't like them, swap them out and sell the TS. Guys are selling them and getting enough to swap to a set of 5.7's or DS depending on how you ride. I think someone is building a retrofit kit that you can swap between the TS and standard without changing spindles. I may grab a set of DS if they don't perform well enough off trail and change them based on area riding.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The 2016 + spindles are the same. No retrofit kit needed. Just get the shim which BRP sells if you want to go back to the standard skis.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Guy I ride with has them on a '16 Renny 800.

His experience was the opposite of what you posted. They worked VERY well in lose snow. On harder trails he just dialed them up a little and they worked very well. They simply hold a corner. Haven't heard him complaining about darting/tracking or hard steering.

·
Xrs_800
888 Posts
What length of carbide is he running. We ran stock 4s on the ts. Anyone else get stuck on road crossing with out studs with the ts skis? We always got stuck on pea gravel road crossings especially.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I love my TS Skis, they just plain work. First ride was a 200 mile day, started out hard pack and icy (set at #1) and then later that day the trails where soft deep snow (set them to #4). The sled rails and I love the adjust-ability. I would get them and if you don't like them, like stated above, sell them and switch. Sounds like the ticket for your style of riding.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I love my TS Skis, they just plain work. First ride was a 200 mile day, started out hard pack and icy (set at #1) and then later that day the trails where soft deep snow (set them to #4). The sled rails and I love the adjust-ability. I would get them and if you don't like them, like stated above, sell them and switch. Sounds like the ticket for your style of riding.
x2

Luv mine as well

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
x3
Love mine 1250 miles
My friend, who runs Quebec tours, put 5800 miles on his with no complaints. Just asked him last night. That is where my miles are from too.
x2

Luv mine as well

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I just learned that I can add them at a later date and dont have to buy new spindles if I decide not to get them. The other part of my dilemma is if I really want the rear quick adjusts. I backpack in quebec alot and have the aoft saddlebags for my tools and Im not sure if they will be abled to be installed with the quick ajdust. Thats why I was thinking of adding them after. Does anyone have the soft saddlebags mounted with the quick adjust and if so is there enough room for both?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I just learned that I can add them at a later date and dont have to buy new spindles if I decide not to get them. The other part of my dilemma is if I really want the rear quick adjusts. I backpack in quebec alot and have the aoft saddlebags for my tools and Im not sure if they will be abled to be installed with the quick ajdust. Thats why I was thinking of adding them after. Does anyone have the soft saddlebags mounted with the quick adjust and if so is there enough room for both?
The Doo part number 280000299, pictured below will work, even with the tunnel mounted adj package (even though they appear to hang too low).

d5345d7a081d379703f0c7da6c3a26c5.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Guy I ride with has them on a '16 Renny 800.

His experience was the opposite of what you posted. They worked VERY well in lose snow. On harder trails he just dialed them up a little and they worked very well. They simply hold a corner. Haven't heard him complaining about darting/tracking or hard steering.
X2

1 - 20 of 27 Posts