Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
should be able to get an 80mm bore in it, but that's just about the limit. need to port it with that much bore too.

·
ChiefOgemaw
1,575 Posts
RK Tech has a big bore kit for the SS engine to make it a 662cc

Torque-Line 2-Stroke Performance Heads by RK Tek
TRUE Performance Heads Customized for Your Particular Engine
www.2strokeheads.com
[email protected]
208-852-3221 FAX: 208-852-3228

Checked out your pics, nice sled. You should try some different skis, loose the precisions. It will handle a ton better in the corners.

Ski doo Flex
USI
C&A Pros
Powder Pros if you go in the deep stuff

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
marc brown 98: if i did a 80 mm bore would i have to resleve and get recoated? and where would i get the pistons? how many cc's approx would i get with doing this? and would i just go into the shop and tell them i needed it bored 80 mm and they would know what to do.... an engine machine is just down the street ...thanks for the imput...

·
Registered
441 Posts
SKIDOOMXZ500SS said:
marc brown 98: if i did a 80 mm bore would i have to resleve and get recoated? and where would i get the pistons? how many cc's approx would i get with doing this? and would i just go into the shop and tell them i needed it bored 80 mm and they would know what to do.... an engine machine is just down the street ...thanks for the imput...
[snapback]709958[/snapback]​
RK Tek has big bore kits for those motors,like around 700 c.c.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
RK tech produces a 662 big bore, it uses the same double ringed pistons they use in the 734cc sleeper, Kelsey claims it should give you 25-30 H.P from stock so your looking around stock 800H.O results.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone else know anything about boreing out this machine? Due to me looking to get the bore for this kit size and measurements, i am wanting to doing it locally because it is cheaper and it is only down the street.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
SKIDOOMXZ500SS said:
anyone else know anything about boreing out this machine? Due to me looking to get the bore for this kit size and measurements, i am wanting to doing it locally because it is cheaper and it is only down the street.
[snapback]710217[/snapback]​
You will need more than just a bore job, you need to find an acceptable 80 mm piston and adjust porting for the increase in bore, etc. Doing big bore work and saving money should not be used in the same sentence.
I would go with someone that has done these types of engines before. Or get an RKT head, and have good porting work done to the stock bore.

PS. Your asking people to give away information on kits that are being sold. If the sellers of these kits want to give away the information, that's their call. The 500ss motor is an iron bore, no replating.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if they dont give away some of the infor mation anyways people will not know what they are getting in the kit.. it is just a matter of doing it elseware and it is closer and doesnt take as long to do it..

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
SKIDOOMXZ500SS said:
i allready do have a rk tek head....

the only problem would be that i would need to find some pistons, to fit into there....
[snapback]710316[/snapback]​
You will need to have domes to match the big pistons too. If that's the case I would talk to RKT about what he recommends.

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
SKIDOOMXZ500SS said:
i allready do have a rk tek head....

the only problem would be that i would need to find some pistons, to fit into there....
[snapback]710316[/snapback]​
That isn't your only problem, your RAVE valves and ports will have to be ground to match. Doing a big bore isn't something I would want some guy down the street doing. If you want this thing to last, go to someone who has some experience. Marc has it right, modifications and saving money don't go hand in hand. The 662 is the only BB I know of for this motor, not to say that anyone else hasn't done one. RKT's BB's are relatively cheap anyways coming in somewhere at the $1100 mark.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
SKIDOOMXZ500SS said:
just wondering if anyone has bored out there 500ss, i am looking to do this now. Hopeing to figure out how large i could go and still be reliable even if it includes haveing to do new sleeves and all... i cant get a answer on how large i can bore this motor, someone help
[snapback]709907[/snapback]​
SS,

If your looking for someone closer, here is a guy I have many many good things about

Richards Engine Development

-Mike

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Just an option is an 800 motor. It would eliminate 99% of the headaches and growing pains. I know its not as cool, but it could save your riding season, instead of your "Wrenching-season"!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i dont need a rebuild i just wanna get ready for next season where we might get some snow....all i need to do is findout the bore size.... i beilve that it is around 80mm's but i cannot find the exact measurement on it... doesn anyone know???, Ray

G

·
marc_brown98 said:
should be able to get an 80mm bore in it, but that's just about the limit. need to port it with that much bore too.
[snapback]709944[/snapback]​
80mm that would be some fast off the get go. goodluck!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts