Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Easiest way...

Buy a summit dash and a summit windshield. Swap it out. I did it and it is easy. No drilling holes for the darts. Dash is 16 bucks.

KK

·
I GOT THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!
5,179 Posts
i used to have a low Cobra windshield on my rev. now i have a 440x racer shield. i outside holes match perfectly on both shields. i just had to drill one new hole in the center for the DOO shield. i used the hardware from Cobra shield also. looks great!!

·
aka DooNut.
1,623 Posts
Click the windshield link in my sig. All you need to know is in that post.

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
03rev800 said:
i Have a mobile winshield now, would like tips on how to convert to a fixed.
[snapback]687171[/snapback]​
It depends which shield you're using. The mid height (still pretty darn low) cobra that I have is a cinch. Just unbolt the old mobile shield from the handlebars, line up and drill 3 holes in the dash pod, install the supplied well nuts, and screw on the shield. Takes about 10 minutes to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
i converted, i put summit bars on which gave me 8" of rise, and a summit fixed windshield, buy the winshield and the mounting kit, you have to drill 3 holes in your dash for the mounts. took about a half hour, looks great. the summit windshield looks just like the regular windshield just 3" higher.

·
Registered
269 Posts
mxz renegade said:
i converted, i put summit bars on which gave me 8" of rise, and a summit fixed windshield, buy the winshield and the mounting kit, you have to drill 3 holes in your dash for the mounts. took about a half hour, looks great. the summit windshield looks just like the regular windshield just 3" higher.
[snapback]687793[/snapback]​
what year summit?
Would ya have prt numbers for required pieces?
Can ya attach a pic of sled?
thnks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts