Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Heavychevy1 
#1 ·
I bought an '89 Citation in September from a local seller that had it for his grandchildren. When I was looking it over with the guy he mentioned that it had electric start but it didn't work, saying there was something missing 'down there' as he pointed to the clutch side. He mentioned that his son tried fixing it but hadn't figured it out. I said that was fine, paid the man and loaded it on the truck.

We've just had a couple inches of snow so I've had the chance to test it out around the yard and once I pulled it back into the shed I decided to see if I could figure out this starter issue. I tested the battery which was dead, as I expected so I put a booster pack on it and turned the key. The starter worked fine, turning over as it should but I didn't seem to be grabbing anything, its was just spinning freely. After turning it over a few more times I found which side the gear was on. The gear works as it should, pushing out and coming back in like normal. This is when I realized there's a gear missing to turn the engine over.

After many google searches I have yet to find a parts diagram showing me what's missing. I'm assuming there should be a starter gear on my primary but its missing. I can't find any pictures of what it's supposed to look like, nor can I find a part to replace it with, new or used. This sled came stock with electric start which makes me wonder if maybe the primary has been changed over the years with a "non-electric start" primary.

If anyone has any info on what I need or where I can get the proper parts it would be greatly appreciated.

117110261_3273029632758823_7720638967098

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.