Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mirrors for the clear hand guards. I haven't seen them on a sled yet.. They work ok? They fold in ok and work well?

I need something and don't feel like using the mirror on the wrist.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have the hand guard extensions ( also awesome ) but I have the gold out mirrors. While you can't make out what kind of sled it is, it lets you know your buddy ( at least you assume it's him ) is still behind you till the next intersection. Fold in and out easy, install is super easy and they tuck away nicely. I usually only fold out my left one though I find. Easy to tuck your left elbow in to take a peek.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I ve got the fold up ones on mine, they work okgiven their size, they seem the same for view as the fixed ones for the older style hand guards. The fold up version you need to drill holes in the gaurds to mount

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to use the wrist one anymore because I'm always taking off my gloves. If I could attach it to my glove then for sure.

I like the idea of mirrors that fold in. But they don't seem to stick out far enough to see a light or sled behind..maybe it's just me.

Guys with the fold in ones can you see what's begin you without taking your hand off the bars or move your head?

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
How can you signal how many are behind you with your hands always on the bars?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have them on my sled and in my opinion they are useless until it gets dark outside. You can see the lights behind you then. Besides that, I find myself physically looking behind me to see if my riding buddies are still there and not even using the mirrors. They install extremely easy and fold in just fine though. I'm going to buy one that attaches to my gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
Don't they vibrate way to much? Just looking at my handguards when riding tells me they wouldn't reflect a very steady image.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Already sounds like it's the stupid glove mirror for the win. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I have them and like them as well. Enough to pick up lights behind me so I know if I have my group with me.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have them on my sled and in my opinion they are useless until it gets dark outside. You can see the lights behind you then. Besides that, I find myself physically looking behind me to see if my riding buddies are still there and not even using the mirrors. They install extremely easy and fold in just fine though. I'm going to buy one that attaches to my gloves.

X2.... Basically worthless. You need to have the hand guards pushed all the way down to get the mirrors high enough to see anything behind you. And at that you can barely make out anything during the day, unless you are going 5mph or stare into them long enough to crash. Have not tried them at night, but I would spend my money elsewhere if I could redo it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have them and like them a lot. Like the others said you can see if your buddy is behind or if someone is on your back.

Just take your time on the install, you could wreck your hand guard quick.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
How would you wreck your hand guard? The spots are pre marked, just use a sharp drill bit and giver. Maybe bring the guards inside so they aren't frozen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts