Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mini Z that keeps flooding. It seems to start and run fine but if you idle for even a short time it loads up and floods. It also will flood if you shut it off and let it sit without shutting the gas valve off. I thought the problem was a leaking needle and seat...I took the carb apart several times and it seems functional. I tried another carb and it still runs the same and floods. I thought maybe it was the gas tank vent but the vent functions the same as my other mini (allows air into tank but not out). Any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing. Found the the choke cable set screw was loosening itself therefore when I thought I was turning off the choke it was actually still on. I've had to tighten the screw several times. Think it might be time time for some lock tite.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Check the carb for a bowl vent if the vent hole is plugged the needle and seat does will not seat and gas will leak and flood

·
Registered
648 Posts
on you carburator float there's looks like little pen that close the fuel, make sure the point is not wear out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts