Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The oil light went on last week on my Expedition 600 ACE 2015. I changed the oil and found the old one to be very milky and liquid. Didin't think much of it at the time but a week later the same thing happened. I saw a couple of old posts here suggesting water or coolant could leak into the engine and contaminate the engine oil. Sounds about right but I'm still looking on how and where this is happening with this newer type of engine. Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
I've heard of that happening with the V-800 with the oil pump being behind the water pump, and the seal between them failing. If I recall the leak would damage the oil pump and caused oil pressure (oil light) problems as well. Either way, some likely causes could be the water pump, oil cooler, or head gasket. Are you losing coolant?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
The oil light went on last week on my Expedition 600 ACE 2015. I changed the oil and found the old one to be very milky and liquid. Didin't think much of it at the time but a week later the same thing happened. I saw a couple of old posts here suggesting water or coolant could leak into the engine and contaminate the engine oil. Sounds about right but I'm still looking on how and where this is happening with this newer type of engine. Any advice?
You didn't happen to do any work on the engine before this milky oil came along did you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts