Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2104 800 renegade adrenaline and was changing the chain case oil and it came out milky. I have only used synthetic oil and do not have any known leaks. I had it stored in the same spot all summer and never had any leaks or oil spots.
Looking for any ideas on how water could have gotten in and turned it milky.
All of the screws on the case cover were tight and none are stripped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Could be the axle seal. The spring around the rubber seal broke on mine, letting water in. I thought condensation at first too, but eventually found an oil leak while washing the sled at end of year.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
How long have you had it?

Water going in / milky oil is sometimes a sign of partial submersion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought it new and it's never been even close to being submerged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Could be the axle seal. The spring around the rubber seal broke on mine, letting water in. I thought condensation at first too, but eventually found an oil leak while washing the sled at end of year.
Seal is shot allowing moisture to get in .
^^^^Smart money says this, though it's really difficult to truly diagnose w/out a pict. There's "milky" which which would seem to suggest the seal. Then there's "chocolate milky" which would indicate not as much water and more likely from internal condensation.

Reactions: 600dooagain

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
When was the last time the oil was changed? I believe the user's manual states to change the oil yearly before being put away for summer storage. This milkyness might just be typical moisture generated during the riding season which is why it should be drained at the end of the season so it's not in the chaincase all summer. Just a thought from a guy with no snow to ride.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts