Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
My sled has been through the break-in, Mama's is due for it's check-up any time, I'm keeping track of gas and oil and it looks like both sleds are getting about 40:1

I've been checking chains and keeping them snug, everything is going well with both rides.

I'm wondering what kind of fuel mileage I should be seeing on the sleds, I just figured that I'm somewhere around 12 -13 mpg on my Summit, haven't worked on Jo's sled numbers yet.

How does that sound ?

P.S. I'm liking the better mileage than my 800 as my range has now jumped to 170km on a tankful !!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Papa. I've got almost 7000kms now on my 2005 Expedition 550f. Mine ranges between 165km and 210 km per tank, depending on how I'm driving. Groomed trails are usually best, depending on the speed, of course. I find this a much better way to gauge how much fuel I have left, as the gas gauge is worthless

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
NewfieDoo said:
Hi Papa. I've got almost 7000kms now on my 2005 Expedition 550f. Mine ranges between 165km and 210 km per tank, depending on how I'm driving. Groomed trails are usually best, depending on the speed, of course. I find this a much better way to gauge how much fuel I have left, as the gas gauge is worthless

[snapback]718299[/snapback]​
I wish I could help you out...Papasled, but I just keep filling mine up without checking out gas mileage most of the time...I think I'm about the same as NewfieDoo based on last year's results.....

Newfiedoo....I agree.... that gas gauge swings like crazy....I fill it up to Full and I put the gas back... I go back the next day to go for a ride and it registers 3/4???....so I'm thinking....did I go for a ride and forget about it??....am I going crazy???....while I'm riding...I am not really sure where I am with that gauge....better to go by mileage for sure...

·
Registered
719 Posts
If I can remember last year, when I was riding, I was getting around 14MPH. Are you still happy with the fan Papa? I love mine!

·
Registered
301 Posts
how's every one like the 550? thinking about selling both my girls fourmla s's , since they havent ridden yet this season with lacross practice for 1 & college for the other and buying a 550x for them to share & back up for me when i ride with the wife.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
papa, you should be doing better than 13mpg, i was getting just a hair over 15mpg when me and allan went for that 170km ride a few weeks back. And if some of you dont know, he doesnt exactly drive like a granny

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
NewfieDoo said:

[snapback]718299[/snapback]​
Hey newfiedoo, you must be me in bizzaro world, I've got the same sled with the same mileage, I'm from corner brook! I haven't bothered to figure out what mpg i'm getting, no matter how I ride I get 5 kms per liter which gives me a range of about 200 kms.

heslbay,
The 550f is a great engine for the price. Gobs of low end, good mid range and will cruse happily at 100 km/h all day long.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Two questions were asked about the 550F: 1. how's the mileage; 2. how does everyone like it.

My answers:

1. I get about 6 or 7 mpg riding primarily off-trail in deep snow. The 550F is not extremely economical. That's maybe 100km a tank. I get about 10mpg riding in the same conditions on my 600SDI Summit or 160km or so.

2. I love the 550F. It's very reliable, always starts, sounds great, has great throttle response, never fouls plugs, and has quite a lot of torque. You won't win any lake races but the power is plenty for very enjoyable sledding. I ride my 550F GT two-up (about 400 pounds of guys and gear) with much more powerful sleds, and no one has to wait on us. We can't keep up over 60, but in our conditions 95% of all riding is done at or under that speed anyway.

I think overall it's Doo's best motor. All the bugs are out of it, which you can't say about any of the other ones. It's never left me stranded during four seasons. The SDI, in contrast, has already done so in its very first season, and it has throttle response issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts