Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XRS 900R
1,285 Posts
Working on a snowmobile that has these carbs and am not real familiar with them. Took them apart and cleaned them and found that idle mixture screws in both of them are different in shape. The one on the mag side tapers down to a fine tip while the one on the pto side starts to taper and then stops with a flat end. This jet is about 1/4" shorter. I did not think much about it but am having issues tuning them on the idle circuit now. The one without much taper did not look broke and doing research on the net I see a picture of the flatter screw but says its for air/idle mixture where as these jets are close to the engine side of the slide so they are fuel/idle mixture screws. Do not know this history of this sled but was wondering if someone broke one of the jets and put the wrong style back in? Opinions? Its a 2000 600 Polaris twin . Thanks

·
Registered
883 Posts
Sounds like one was set deeper than the other and wore down. Might be a good idea to replace them and reset them so that you have equal settings on both sides.

·
Registered
2022 XRS 900R
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, everything I read and the location tells me it should be pointed. Weird that one is flat. I guess I will see if I can get another fuel screw for it.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Yes, everything I read and the location tells me it should be pointed. Weird that one is flat. I guess I will see if I can get another fuel screw for it.
I would be concerned about getting broken tip out if carb.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Banshee Builder
7,814 Posts
i agree^^ id take that carb apart to inspect. and if your doing that then pull em both and give them a cleaning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts