Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
Was up riding around Mancelona this weekend. Sat wasn't too great at all...but this morning it looked like winter again. 12+ inches in Lakes of the North Area.

Sorry I forgot my camera....but trust me....I was too busy drift busting this morning to stop for a pic anyway.

3-5 ft drifts and steady winds and snow falling.

Should be good riding from Cadillac to Boyne ...until the next thaw.

Here's a pic of the web cam from John Dee's site.

Attachments

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
REV*BARON said:
Was up riding around Mancelona this weekend. Sat wasn't too great at all...but this morning it looked like winter again. 12+ inches in Lakes of the North Area.

Sorry I forgot my camera....but trust me....I was too busy drift busting this morning to stop for a pic anyway.

3-5 ft drifts and steady winds and snow falling.

Should be good riding from Cadillac to Boyne ...until the next thaw.

Here's a pic of the web cam from John Dee's site.
[snapback]699334[/snapback]​
Don't worry chuck, I had my Camera with me, Heres my sled, we are on a pipeline, between Frederic and Lakes of the North. No temps warmer than 25* for the next 10 days. I alerady called in to work, I'am Snowed In

Attachments

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
Kind of looks like my yard - I told you once I raked the grass and got the mower out it would snow... I just wish it was colder sooner - we got allot of ice underneath that 4-5 and it brought a tree down for me. Fortionately I moved the trailer from that spot!!! Now if it can STAY cold so things freeze back up and stay solid. There is allot of thawed ground and standing water under that white blanket.

Anybody do any calcs on how much rain we got for Jan? I am curious to know if we are getting a wetter winter like we are suppose to when there is a busy 'cane season. (If only it hadnt been so warm.)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Im up in Marquette. We got some good snow on friday night. I was out powder riding
. Had some drifts up to 3 feet. Supose to get more this week. Out of Marquette aways closer to Gwinn it gets really nice and deep. Winter RETURNS TO THE UP!!!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Looking good! I live in Traverse City, and we picked up a good 9" of snow. Am hoping to get some of my buds up here this week, if they don't go to Wyoming, and do a weekday ride, and of course will be out this upcoming weekend....finally!

·
Registered
334 Posts
wow thats a first mancelona has 3 feet on the ground and the eastern u.p has almost 2 im heading up tommorrow cant wait ill get some pics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts