Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find the rules and class division info for the MSGDRA. I've been trying to get to their website for days, I always get an error message, I think their server is down. I want to run trail stock class or something like that. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
COSDRA has taken over MSDRA. PSGDRA is still up in the air as Ken Crouch moved and no one has taken it over yet.
COSDRA has a full schedule planned to include several events in Michigan. Jackson, Onstead, Frankenmuth and son on. They are also doing Haydays this year too.
Check on AMSNOW racing forum for details right now. COSDRA web site once the schedule gets set.

G

·
2006 Onsted Outdoor Recreation Shows Event Schedule

Snowmobile Grass Drags - Saturday and Sunday, October 2006 - Date Details to be announced!

Both trail stock classes and pro classes; pro classes will be competing for the coveted "Michigan Cup" both days; and they will be competing for the "O'Hara Cup" as well both days-in addition to other pro classes.
Registration begins at 8:00 A.M. both days and will end around 11:30 A.M. both days.
Testing runs will begin around 10:00 A.M., with racing beginning around 12:00 Noon both days.
The "Kitty-Kat" Races will be held during the main intermission both days
Registration fee for the little ones is $5.00 per day.

http://www.micup.com/Events.asp

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Hello:
I am the Vintage Racing Director for the Antique and Classic Snowmobile Club of Canada. I have been working very closely with Kris Bedard of COSDRA for several years now in adding and promoting Vintage classes at COSDRA events.
I spoke with Kris the other night and here are the official dates that Kris gave to me for all of the races that COSDRA/MSDRA are ptting on this summer. Obviously you will need to check back on COSDRA's web site to confirm when they are posted but Kris was very sure that none of the dates would change on his end.
COSDRA runs 5 Vintage classes at all of the races in Ontario as well as some in the US.
Here are the Vintage classes we have developed.

COSDRA Vintage Classes and Rules

Vintage "A" - Single Cylinder Fan Cooled - Any size

Vintage "B" - 0 - 340CC Fan & Free Air

Vintage "C" - 341 - 440CC Fan & Free Air
- 0 - 340CC Liquid

Vintage "D" - Open Stock - Stock Sleds Only - F/C, F/A & Liq

Vintage "E" -Open Mod Class

Here is the schedule:

COSDRA / MSDRA Grass Drag events Summer 2006

July 22/23, 06 - Jackson, Michigan
Aug 12/13, 06 - Cobden, On.
Aug 19/20, 06 - Tilbury, On
Sept 2/3,06 - Harrowsmith, On
Sept 9/10, 06 - Hay Days - Lino Lakes, Mn.
Sept 16/17, 06 - Frankenmuth, Mi
Sept 23/24, 06 - Hunntington, Qc.
Sept 30/Oct1, 06 - Onsted, Mi
Oct 7/8, 06 - Hastings, Mi
Oct 7/8, 06 - Akron, Ny
Oct 14/15, 06 Kitchener, On
Oct 28, 06 - Tilbury On - full program and 1st rnd qualifying for Top Gun Shootout
Oct 29, 06 - Tilbury, On - 2nd rnd qualifying and final - Top Gun Shootout

Hope this helps!

Good racing!
Rob Noakes

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. Why has cosdra taken over msdra? I was hoping to find a sanctioning body that was more local. I see only four of cosdra's races are in MI, that's a little disappointing.
Oh, well. Maybe I can make it to some ON races.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
MSDRA had basically folded up. If COSDRA had not picked up what evenr races that MSDRA was doing there would be none. PSGDRA has basically fallen by the wayside as well. The guy that was running it moved south and no one has stepped up to the plate.
COSDRA has always helped MSDRA with anumber of races including Onsted and Frankenmuth. COSDRA runs a very good race and you would have to go a long way to do better. MSGDRA has not been around for several years from what I know.
As disappointed as you may be, I have not seen any other races posted here as of yet.
The races in Tilbury, On are only an hour from the Windsor/Detroit border so they are an option for people from Michigan as well without having to drive too far. That is unless you have trouble crossing the border due to any criminal or other offenses on your record.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Cool. The track in Tilbury is one of the best tracks you will find.
At the Top Gun Shoot out last year, a new world record of 4.04 seconds at 127 mph was set by John Wheelock on a turbo charged Yamaha.

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
TTT

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
55 Posts
PSGDRA will be hosting a race at Martin (US131 Motorsportspark) on August 19 & 20 along with NSDRA Asphalt racing.....

And Nelsons' Sno-Motion on August 26 & 27 along with Snox racing....

COSDRA will be hosting the rest of the Michigan races....

Go to: Michigan Grass drags for the rest of the Michigan races.....

Hope this helps you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts