Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATTENTION;
DO NOT BUY ANY CLUTCH KITS FROM THIS GUY.HE DOES'NT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE'S DOING. I bought one and it did'nt work right and he had no idea how to fix it,and it cost me a bunch of time, money, and phone calls.I had to do all testing myself and take primary and secondary apart repeatedly and finally got close and he does'nt return phone calls.Now I'm sitting here with a bunch of parts I can't use.
The name of the kit is MCB clutch kit and they dont work..So be forewarned,and don't let his professional website fool you, He's a #*&% idiot and so is his help!!!

MCB= :doomOOn

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems. Did he actually do the work on the sled or just sell you a kit ? I seen that he is in my area and was gonna go see his inventory of kits. Wondering if he stocked other brands, like a Cudney kit. Never heard anything bad in the past about this place, except for a friend who bought some hammertime type kit.

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
04renegade600ho said:
Should've bought what has be proven to work (Cudney, D-Joe, Big John). With all the recommendations on here why would take that chance?
[snapback]697851[/snapback]​
Thats what I don't understand. With all the proven installs of the big 3 on here and Goodwin, why would you roll the dice?

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Nothing wrong with going out on a limb and trying a new place...

I would like to try the LeFlamme clutch kit some time......(former racer, ads in Snowtech)

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
I've bought a track, skid plate and Cudney clutch kit from him - no problems and the track was a better price than Tracks USA. I knew exactly what I was buying tho and I wouldn't exactly call that place a "full service" kind of shop. If you do your own wrenching I don't see any reason not to buy from him. Sorry you got burned but trying to save a few bucks on a no name clutch kit is asking for problems.

G MAN

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had a problem getting Cundey clutch kit from him last year so I called Bill direct and problem solved. MCB does have some good prices on good products though. I live close by to them and got a good deal on a 1.25 ripsaw comoplast track with woodys studs and studboy powerplate backers and a MBRP can. It was cheaper from MCB than anywhere else with shipping cost. Sorry to hear about the problems with the clutch kit jb's03 rev.

·
Registered
778 Posts
No problems with those guys. I have been on their dyno and they were
real helpful. I think they lean towards the Polaris side of things.

Jay

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Matt the M in MCB has done lots of work for me over the years and has been excellent to deal with. Not sure why you had a problem. Quit going to him becasue he didnt return phone calls very fast and switched to Sled-X for parts jonny and the boys rock for service.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.