Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an attempt to lighten up the sled and give it a little bit of noise to be able to hear what the sled is doing instead of just hearing wind noise and ski noise I purchased an MBRP race exhaust. I measured a 15lb savings and I figured the sled was so quiet that the 12db gain wouldn't be too bad.

I installed the exhaust and the second I fired the sled up in the garage regretted it. I made this mistake in the past with an 800etec and here I was and made it again. Felt very stupid as I didn't expect it to be so loud after watching the videos on youtube. I could feel the exhaust in my stomach and chest more then the actual noise bothered me. I went out for an 80 mile ride and when I got home and the thing stopped glowing red I removed it and will be attempting to re coupe my money.

So with all that and my stupid mistake of thinking the race exhaust would give me the little bit of extra sound and weight savings I was looking for has anyone tried the trail exhaust? Does it make enough noise to hear the sled while your riding to have an idea what its doing while cruising through the twisty trails while also not annoying everyone withing 2km. I will be running the stock one for the time being and may end up sticking with it as the 15lb savings was not worth the racket that thing made.

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
12 db doesn't sound like a lot but it's huge.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I bought the trail muffler and really like it, sled is still very quiet, just has a little more throat to it and lost 10 lbs. not annoying at all.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the trail muffler and really like it, sled is still very quiet, just has a little more throat to it and lost 10 lbs. not annoying at all.
Good to hear. I will be putting mine for sale. I was on the MBRP site and was sure I read 12db but I cant for the life of me find that now so maybe I dreamt it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts