Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a good can? Don't want an obnoxious sounding can, not looking to cause problems , just want a good rumble.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I have one and I think it sounds good but thats on a REV not a XP (Not sure in difference) While it isn't super loud, I still keep it down around houses/neighborhoods and never had an issue. Thats about the best I can help sir

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, anyone have one on a xp? My sled is new.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
How new? Like 0 miles new or just new to you? I see its a 11 TNT 800 and if it has 0 miles on it, I wouldn't mess with anything til you have some miles on it. If it has miles, then MBRP isn't a bad can. It looks good, sounds good and BJ has posted there is an actual gain from this can unlike some that can lose power. You will lose about 10 lbs or so which is a great thing.

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
i wouldnt put a can on a brand new 0 miles sled. idk if it would have an effect on it or not but it hasnt even gone through the break in period yet. ride it for like 5 or 6 hundred miles and then put it on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Went with the trail can, has good deep sound at idle, not as loud as the standard. I can actually tell it revs up faster than stock. The sled has .4 miles on it but I don't see any reason this can would harm the engine during break in. thanks.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I heard nothing good about MBRP, but I just ordered for a used THE THING can.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Really?? Then you must not post around here much, nothing but good things about the MBRP! I've heard the "The Thing" is louddddd.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a MBRP on my 800R and love it. Other cans I've bought never really produced a noticeable difference but the MBRP can instantly gave the impression that set my 800R apart from others on the trail and pulling into the gas station. Not obnoxiously loud but definitely has some bark to it.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
The new trail canisters are being built to 88dbs at 4000 rpm to make trail legal in the states
same great sound and look as well and the trail canisters weighs just 1 pound more than the Standard canisters

·
Can Thread Patrol
3,971 Posts
the thing is gonna make your sled sounds like a really obnoxious Arctic cat, kind of that wierd tinny noise. MBRP is the way to go as far as cans i think

·
Registered
756 Posts
the thing is not that loud on the 800r but I like the mbrp the best out of all the cans I have seen. they sound good and don't lose hp, best bang for your buck with the mbrp

·
Registered
294 Posts
Dont want to break the thread but its about cans so figured I would ask instead of starting another thread that will just annoy some people! Does anyone know anything about a BMP can? Sound? power gain or lose?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts