Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a MBRP on my 06 P-tek 800 and approx 45 miles later I could smell burning rubber and my eyes were on fire??

I pulled over and noticed smoke in my canister area and went home to find out it burned the rubber gromet and started melting my belly pan a little??????

Why would this happen is it the can or the sled? My stock muffler never did this?

I called MBRP and they told me to send it back to them for inspection since the can turned the color of a penny(copper) they wanted to inspect it.

The machine is stock and has approx 300 miles on it and it had lost a lot of power with the can?

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Wow, your lucky your sled didnt burn down!

I would say possibly defective can or your fuel mixture is way out.

·
Registered
443 Posts
spanky said:
I installed a MBRP on my 06 P-tek 800 and approx 45 miles later I could smell burning rubber and my eyes were on fire??

I pulled over and noticed smoke in my canister area and went home to find out it burned the rubber gromet and started melting my belly pan a little??????

Why would this happen is it the can or the sled? My stock muffler never did this?

I called MBRP and they told me to send it back to them for inspection since the can turned the color of a penny(copper) they wanted to inspect it.

The machine is stock and has approx 300 miles on it and it had lost a lot of power with the can?
[snapback]694155[/snapback]​
If you lost power with the can and are sending it back, sounds like a good time to ask for a refund and try a different can.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Some Good cans - HPS, J&T, AAEN, Dynoport, SLP

Some Bad cans - MBRP, Sno-Stuff - Rumble Pack,

Try your hardest to get rid of that can and go back to stock or choose from one of the good cans on my list.

-Good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
TeamScream said:

Try your hardest to get rid of that can and go back to stock or choose from one of the good cans on my list.

-Good luck

[snapback]694231[/snapback]​
I have a MBRP can on my 05 800 ho. Havn't had any problems- havn't noticed any lose of power and I love the sound. I have been told I may lose a few mph on the top end, but it's worth it to me. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
ROADDOG said:
TeamScream said:

-Good luck

[snapback]694231[/snapback]​
I have a MBRP can on my 05 800 ho. Havn't had any problems- havn't noticed any lose of power and I love the sound. I have been told I may lose a few mph on the top end, but it's worth it to me. Good luck!!
[snapback]694264[/snapback]​
I guess I can understand that. I used to have a Sno-Stuff Rumble Pack on my 03. I could actually feel that it was robbing power but I kept it on because I loved the sound and people new to pull aside when I would be an their "edit for bad language".

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Ive got the MBRP on my 06 800PT, it fells like its lost a bit of its mid range but that could just be me.

Either way, crack the throttle and it sings a nice BRAAAAAAAAAP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts