Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 2005 500ss trail. I am looking to upgrade the track on it. As of now it has a 1 inch lug. I am wondering what is the longest lug you can get on this sled without changing any parts. thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have an 04 800X and put on a 1.5 ripsaw. i am having a tunnel protector issue having to custom cut it down to size.

there is a guy on here with an 04 that has a 1.75 lug on his

on your 05 you have at least an inch or more track to top of tunnel height. you will easily be able to run a 1.5/1.75 more than that i don't know.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i know that the 05s can only have a 1.25 inch lug at max. If you have more than that you will have significant problems most likely. I talked to my dealer and they said that even 1.375 inch lugs are very risky, so i would definitly not push it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i am looking at getting a 500ss for my wife, how does it do in the deep snow, we do some mountain riding? Do you get stuck much with the 1'' lug, is that why you want a better track?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also i do alot of trail riding, and the 136 does alot betterr on the trail as far as bumps go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
revjay said:
hi, i have a 2005 500ss trail. I am looking to upgrade the track on it. As of now it has a 1 inch lug. I am wondering what is the longest lug you can get on this sled without changing any parts. thanks
[snapback]699449[/snapback]​
I just put a 1.750 X 16 under my 04 GSX, and my son Just did the same under his 04 MXZX. No mods needed. Works great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts