Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all....

Anyone near or around central Ontario....we will be out with 2 guns on MARY LAKE just off shore from Port Sydney town dock.

Daryl & Ed have the same track as last year all plowed off,i havent been down there yet but Daryl told me sunday is a GO!...

Off HWY 11 between Huntsville and Bracebridge Ontario....Take port sydney rd exit(hwy141) Go towards Port Sydney(East) about 2 miles to Mary Lake,Town Dock is there on left side,park there and unload,head straight out onto lake and VEAR to left shoreline(west side of lake) you will see us all there..Approx. 1 mile out from dock towards left shore.

I should be down there by 10:30am and It sounds like Daryl will be there abit earlier...I cannot believe my NEW MACH is in the shop!!!...so I will be on a buds T-CAT for weekend.

Everyone COME ON OUT and say hi!....its all free and perfect for tuning!...lets hope the weather is decent Sunday!

Dan

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Post Sydney is on main trail D103B....this trail actually crosses mary lake right near our track,it is staked also....If you have a Muskoka trail map,just find mary lake and Port Sydney..

From the seguin trail,take D trail south going South towards Bracebridge,Port Sydney is about half way between Huntsville and Bracebridge...

As you are riding D trail south from seguin trail...you will pass 86,82 then 37 trails....stay on D.....then after you pass 37 heading south on D,you will come to a tunnel under hwy 11....this is port sydney....Immediately after the tunnel,turn left at T....ride next to hwy 11 on trail 56,then cross Greer road,and take next right onto D103B.....now you will see a split in trail,left is lake trail and right is town rd trail...take the left onto lake trail....come down onto lake,and follow staked trail onto mary lake about 500ft ,then vear left off staked trail heading up left shoreline..we are right there on left shore....

Port Sydney and Mary lake can be seen easily on any muskoka trail map(MSR),you can even go into OFSC site if you dont have a map,and look at district 7 which is muskoka region.

I hope you all can make it here!....By car its very easy as the lake is only 2 minutes of major hwy 11....

see ya there
dan

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well if I can get spike out of bed early enough I would be interested in coming for the day. We have yet to be on a plowed track this year as conditions have not been favorable
I will see if I can round up some more guys and make a fun day out of it.

Ernie

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Matt...LOL

I wish mine was here,I am anxious to get her on the gun soon,I should have her back mid next week,so next sunday ILL BE THERE with her,unless she BREAKS AGAIN!....if she does,then its BYE BYE BRP!.....bleeding yellow for 25 yrs was easy,but this 06 season so far has been horrible.

I HOPE,i get her back and dialed in..then it will all be OK.....

Ernie,get Stan's BUTT outa bed and come on up!...Should be a great gang of us out there,if not,then the next weekend upcoming most sundays I will be there with the gun...Hopefully Daryl and Ed will be able to keep it cleaned,if not maybe Matt and I can keep track up to par.

Hey Robbie,you gonna be around the area????

Hope to see you all there!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
What is the track you're running on like? Is it plowed to ice or is it snow or crust or ???? I'd like to at least drive up and watch for a bit if conditions are good. Is it runable without studs?
Are you guys there Sunday also? Supposed to be a high of minus 6 Sunday. That would be better maybe.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
They are calling for snow today and tomorrow and maybe just maybe a lot of it so I am sure Dan will keep everyone posted as to what is happening. I know he said they plow with an ATV so if they get lots of snow they may be euchred.

Keep us posted Dan.

Spike

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Carolla said:
What is the track you're running on like? Is it plowed to ice or is it snow or crust or ???? I'd like to at least drive up and watch for a bit if conditions are good. Is it runable without studs?
Are you guys there Sunday also? Supposed to be a high of minus 6 Sunday. That would be better maybe.

[snapback]696465[/snapback]​
Oooops !! After re reading the post, I NOW realize it's on SUNDAY ! That's good. Temps are supposed to be good. Still would like to know if the track is runable unstudded. If it is, I'll bring a sled, if not, I'll just drive up and watch.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys....

Was out there today as we got a fresh 5 inches of WET snow....Daryl has been keeping it cleaned off even today...BUT...

The Weather Guys are now calling for an additional 40cms(16") fresh snow,starting Saturday midday thru sunday AM...SO,if thats the case the track MAY be a real tough deal to plow with a 4 wheeler....

I will keep this thread updated....as weather changes happen....We will all be at the snow drags tomorrow at south portage marine on lake o bays....So anyone looking for trails and lots of snow come on out.There will an APEX turbo there to check out.

I have a feeling if that 40cms does happen it will be tough to clean track.its gonna be mild heavy and wet snow.

Rode the t-cat tonight and its OK,nothing like my mach..but im glad to have something to ride.thanks pete!

Dan

·
Registered
86 Posts
machzed said:
Guys....

Was out there today as we got a fresh 5 inches of WET snow....Daryl has been keeping it cleaned off even today...BUT...

The Weather Guys are now calling for an additional 40cms(16") fresh snow,starting Saturday midday thru sunday AM...SO,if thats the case the track MAY be a real tough deal to plow with a 4 wheeler....

I will keep this thread updated....as weather changes happen....We will all be at the snow drags tomorrow at south portage marine on lake o bays....So anyone looking for trails and lots of snow come on out.There will an APEX turbo there to check out.

I have a feeling if that 40cms does happen it will be tough to clean track.its gonna be mild heavy and wet snow.

Rode the t-cat tonight and its OK,nothing like my mach..but im glad to have something to ride.thanks pete!

Dan looks like a s*&t load of snow out there we still on for the morning ??? PS what happened to Matt did he come up to the cottage this weekend ????? let me know as i have some guys comming from Orillia to run tks Tom

Dan

[snapback]697331[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No radars..we ended up with MAJOR heavy wet snowfall..approx 10-12 inches here this AM and still coming down as i type...very mild and wet!...gonna be tough to plow off,but i hope daryl will be up next week...

More bad luck for me..I blew up my buds t-cat sat night on lake o bays!...towed it home in the snow storm,what a night!....

matt loves his new ride and it does go!

Ill try to post again if we are gonna have track setup for next sunday....I should have my mach back by midweek....

dan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.