Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys use a manual boost controler? My bud did a fpp stage 1 and he wants to add a boost controler now. Any reccomendations in a good one or advise?

·
Boosted Eskimo
1,994 Posts
I did use a manual boost controller. One of the bleeding style.

Dont do it. You get what you pay for.

---
Sent from my ice cold iphone from the other side of the pond using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I used a turbo smart manual tee. Worked ok electronic boost controller would be a lot nicer

·
Registered
981 Posts
Best manual controller is the hall man pro. Just make sure to remove the check ball and spring to avoid boost spikes.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
AEM TruBoost. I heard lots of warnings about the manual controllers my first year w my FPP kit. Threw one of these on and could not have been happier. Ran mine up to 9+pounds with race fuel for hill climb drags last year. Smiles all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I use a manual controller as a bleed valve right up on my counsel Brent. Nothing wrong with a manual boost controller if you know what you're doing with it and how it works.

I think Turbosmart sells them with a "t" in the line now too, allowing just one hose up to the counsel to adjust it. I made my own and used a "t" with a jet on the turbo side, ran a line to the dash, removed the ball and spring, and just plugged one side of the valve. It just bleeds pressure from the wastegate.

So I just run 4.5 lbs on the wastegate and can go up from there. I also put a valve in front of the controller prior to the controller to turn it off.

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Manual-Boost-Controllers/In-Cabin-Boost-Controller-Black.html

·
Registered
628 Posts
I Have a forge boost controller. All I have ever run and never had one problem with it freezing. I ride mountain powder almost everyride. Key I think is where it's mounted to keep from freezing up.

·
ride hard or die trying
7,800 Posts
I really like the tru boost as it also has hi boost recall, 4 settings, warnings, and back me set up to have a fail safe

·
boost junkie
10,599 Posts
pro logger!

electronic is the only way to go

Reactions: BeerMan
G

·
I use a manual controller as a bleed valve right up on my counsel Brent. Nothing wrong with a manual boost controller if you know what you're doing with it and how it works.

I think Turbosmart sells them with a "t" in the line now too, allowing just one hose up to the counsel to adjust it. I made my own and used a "t" with a jet on the turbo side, ran a line to the dash, removed the ball and spring, and just plugged one side of the valve. It just bleeds pressure from the wastegate.

So I just run 4.5 lbs on the wastegate and can go up from there. I also put a valve in front of the controller prior to the controller to turn it off.

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Manual-Boost-Controllers/In-Cabin-Boost-Controller-Black.html
I have been running a turbo smart manual controller with no issues for a while now too. Ball and spring removed, I can send pics if needed as to mounting location. Pm if needed.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I have also been running a turbo smart boost tee, second year( if you call this a season), no issues, but mounted behind the windshield, no deep snow, trails only. If i was gonna run bigger boost, I'd go with a pro- logger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts