Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just trying to see if there is any interest in getting some Dootalkers together for a ride. I am from sunny snowless Alberta and am considering a trip to Manitoba if anyone wants to do a ride. Last week we did the inaugural Saskatchewan Dootalk Tour which turned out great. Thinking maybe we could do it again in Manitoba.
How about it Fred, are you up for a small road trip in a couple of weeks? Would need to ride the week of Feb 18-25 when our sons are out of college.

Terry

·
Registered
163 Posts
Where are you headed freak? My sled is coming home today minus the o5 mapping as my dealer and you know who that is refuses to do it. He says it won't work.

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
The whole thing depends.......... WHERE IN MANITOBA?!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure yet. We might start from Kamsack Sask and ride east into Manitoba. Perhaps as far as Winnipeg or maybe we should stick to Duck Mountain or Riding Mountain. Any and all suggestions from Manitobans are appreciated. We have no idea where the good riding is

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys! I will be away for the next two weeks.I just came back from Riding Mountain and there is great snow conditions!Feb 2,2006
Have fun if you come!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dodgeram said:
Hey guys! I will be away for the next two weeks.I just came back from Riding Mountain and there is great snow conditions!Feb 2,2006
Have fun if you come!

[snapback]695333[/snapback]​
Hey Dodge
I take it riding is allowed in the park. Is it on groomed trails? Reason for the question is that riding is absolutely forbidden in the national parks in Alberta and BC. How many milesa of trail do they maintain? How much snow do they have? THanks.

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
I think when he says riding mountain he means the south side of the park line... NOT actually in the park.... the only time a person can do that is when there is more than 6 inches of snow and they have closed the road thru (and you are lucky enough to have a day off, no cops, no plows and you get up early!!) then its just pin it!!

Duck mountains are in great shape, might be a bit beaten.. good trails.. mostly groomed...

highway_1.JPG

pic was taken 2 weeks ago on the road.... we didn't ride the trails as there was 6 inches on the highway...

there has been alot of guys up there since and the trails are groomed or at least they were from grandview up to childs and singuish areas

If heading up this week-end let me know via PM, there may be a few of us from Dauphin heading up Sat night and staying either at singuish or one of the warm-up shacks...... i'll know more about it tonight and if the trip is a go!

love

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey XcPilot! You are allowed to ride the Park line but you cannot ride into
the park.Same as Alberta.
There are lots of groomed trails.From Russel Manitoba all the way to Clear
Lake/Otter Lake Erickson and more.You might want to check with the
Priarie Riders out of Neepawa Manitoba.
Have fun as I am off to Tennessee USA.Darn! Just when sled riding is the
greatest. Oh Snow is About 2-3 feet at Riding Mountain!

·
Registered
126 Posts
xcpilot said:
Just trying to see if there is any interest in getting some Dootalkers together for a ride. I am from sunny snowless Alberta and am considering a trip to Manitoba if anyone wants to do a ride. Last week we did the inaugural Saskatchewan Dootalk Tour which turned out great. Thinking maybe we could do it again in Manitoba.
How about it Fred, are you up for a small road trip in a couple of weeks? Would need to ride the week of Feb 18-25 when our sons are out of college.

Terry
[snapback]693927[/snapback]​
Hi from foggy saskatchewan. Where were you guys riding last week, I seen a bunch of sleds,couple mach z's, 800pt, 03 800 rev, thundercat and ultra in Melfort last saturday. Mach's and 800 pt for sure were from Edmonton. Same crew?

·
Registered
316 Posts
[/quote]
Hi from foggy saskatchewan. Where were you guys riding last week, I seen a bunch of sleds,couple mach z's, 800pt, 03 800 rev, thundercat and ultra in Melfort last saturday. Mach's and 800 pt for sure were from Edmonton. Same crew?
[snapback]696774[/snapback]​
[/quote]
saskrev Hi to You
Yes it was us. I remember talking to you at the pumps. You were the guys with the Rev and the Renegade? I think your sleds are in the background of this picture. We are thinking about heading back for more riding. Here today it is +7C (45F). Yesterday it was the same temp!!!

Terry

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
IDOO1000 said:
can i bring my yami???
[snapback]696610[/snapback]​
Please do! We ride with anybody as you can tell from the picture. Are you in Sask or Man? Mark an X on the calendar for around Feb 18 or 19 to do some riding. We hope to ride the 19th to 25th (or so).

Terry

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mr_heritage said:
I think when he says riding mountain he means the south side of the park line... NOT actually in the park.... the only time a person can do that is when there is more than 6 inches of snow and they have closed the road thru (and you are lucky enough to have a day off, no cops, no plows and you get up early!!) then its just pin it!!

Duck mountains are in great shape, might be a bit beaten.. good trails.. mostly groomed...

View attachment 46224

pic was taken 2 weeks ago on the road.... we didn't ride the trails as there was 6 inches on the highway...

there has been alot of guys up there since and the trails are groomed or at least they were from grandview up to childs and singuish areas

If heading up this week-end let me know via PM, there may be a few of us from Dauphin heading up Sat night and staying either at singuish or one of the warm-up shacks...... i'll know more about it tonight and if the trip is a go!

love
[snapback]696382[/snapback]​
Maybe we can join up with you. Thanks for the pic!

·
Registered
126 Posts
[snapback]696774[/snapback]​
[/quote]
saskrev Hi to You
Yes it was us. I remember talking to you at the pumps. You were the guys with the Rev and the Renegade? I think your sleds are in the background of this picture. We are thinking about heading back for more riding. Here today it is +7C (45F). Yesterday it was the same temp!!!

Terry
[snapback]696925[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Hope you guys had a good ride! Conditions are fantastic around Greenwater provincial park, and all points east of there. Madge Lake (duck mountain) wouldl be awesome. Usually Melfort and areas to the north are great, except this year. Felt for you guys, coming a long way to bounce yourself over that crap. 20 miles south of Melfort the snow really picked up. PM when you make it back to SK, try to get you best up to date info on conditions. As a former Edmontonian, would be happy to point you in the right direction and make a few miles with you guys!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
just got back from good spirit lake and the snow is great! you can ride to duck mountian from there easy. we only got 2.2 miles and my 800 X blew up AGIN!! this is the 3rd time in 800 miles!! it went 400 just like last time and stuck a piston again. so we just sat around and got tanked LOL. trails look good though and we would go again.

·
Registered
213 Posts
xcpilot said:
Not sure yet. We might start from Kamsack Sask and ride east into Manitoba. Perhaps as far as Winnipeg or maybe we should stick to Duck Mountain or Riding Mountain. Any and all suggestions from Manitobans are appreciated. We have no idea where the good riding is

[snapback]695048[/snapback]​
Could be intrested if you run in and around Rding Mountain Park,decent snow along the line and in the hills.We have trailer loads of riders coming into the area from the east(wpg.)Keep us posted.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
freakshow12 said:
just got back from good spirit lake and the snow is great! you can ride to duck mountian from there easy. we only got 2.2 miles and my 800 X blew up AGIN!! this is the 3rd time in 800 miles!! it went 400 just like last time and stuck a piston again. so we just sat around and got tanked LOL. trails look good though and we would go again.
[snapback]699719[/snapback]​
Hi Freak
I'm back! We were down in Phoenix for a few days visiting my dad, and now I am ready for some sledding. Where is good spirit lake? How much snow do they have? Are you up for a ride from Kamsack east? Gord (you have not met him yet) is checking a few things out there. I should know more tomorrow or Monday. Conditions here are unreal-today was +8 and tomorrow may be +10C!!!!!! Ever figure out whats up with Larry's sled?

Terry

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
xcpilot said:
freakshow12 said:
[snapback]699719[/snapback]​
Hi Freak
I'm back! We were down in Phoenix for a few days visiting my dad, and now I am ready for some sledding. Where is good spirit lake? How much snow do they have? Are you up for a ride from Kamsack east? Gord (you have not met him yet) is checking a few things out there. I should know more tomorrow or Monday. Conditions here are unreal-today was +8 and tomorrow may be +10C!!!!!! Ever figure out whats up with Larry's sled?

Terry
[snapback]711159[/snapback]​
TERRY!! scrap the manitoba trip! come to GREENWATER LAKE! its 60 miles from melfort and the snow is the best in the province from what I saw this weekend!! I have some pics and will post soon. we were in fresh pow that made the machs WORK!! we went 50 miles friday night and then 203 on saturday. trails are great! larrys sled was bad pump. got it back friday, rode it all weekend and saturday night hit an exposed rock in a creek and broke the heat exchanger! he has NO luck. the sled did as it should and shut down before it got too hot though.
PM if you want more details on the conditions here. snow is about 3x as much as nipawin!! and GW is only 60 miles east of melfort! they rent nice cabins too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
How about the Flin Flon area. I hear there is alot of snow there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts