Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I am considering buying another trailer. Came across a total liquidation sale- it is all aluminum, 16' long with a 5' V. The trailer is 8'wide interior with spring loaded back and front ramp doors. It is 6'6" tall and fully insulated. It has a man door located 4' back from the V on the drivers side. I like this location. Also has a fuel door centered on both sides. I can put a furnace unit between the man door and the start of the the V flat so it will only stick out 7" on the wall up high. Here is my question……. I have had 3 toy haulers/snowmobile trailers with front ramp door on the same side as the man door. This trailer has the man door on the drivers side and the front ramp door on the passenger side. Has anyone had any problem with this setup or have any concerns about this? Is there a chance of smacking or denting the door frame as you pull the sled in the ramp as it runs along the wall. I always had 1' of aluminum diamond plate running at the bottom so it hits that and not the wall. With the door there 4' in from the V will the skis hit the door and dent it or the frame?

I am looking for input or experience?

Moater

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
You need to be careful that you do not hit the man door with the ski. It will bend.

I use a piece of wood 36" x 8" x 1/2" to put in front of the door when I come in. (made a small bracket to hold it in place). I got the idea from a NEO trailer I saw.

·
Looking for the Hot Tub...
7,044 Posts
Neo has a piece of plywood that sides over the door opening, it has a holding location for it when not in use so it's not really in the way, I have yet to use it, just make sure you dont run into the door, I load and unload...so I dont see it as a problem.

At times I wish the man door was on the drivers side, my trailer has drivers side ramp and pass side man door, it just came that way, personally ether side would have been fine.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you send me a pict of the plywood bracket when it slides over the door. Is it like a z channel that the plywood slides down into? I can't visualize it without having the ski hitting it when not is use. The only idea I can visualize is a piece of plywood and then another piece that fits between the door but the door would then have to be open.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
My man door is at the rear of the trailer; which is quite uncommon......but IMO the location works well.

·
7,044 Posts
Here is a couple pics of the plywood that is mentioned.

From outside, you can have the door closed as it is the same thickness of the kick plate, in my trailer that is 3/4" Marine grade plywood.

5ba74fa565608462c1a37eaf389a4993.jpg

Inside looking out with it in place.

197461c4b161cff01e30aed1a54fd2ae.jpg

Where it is stowed, just past the door, easy slide up and flip around than over the door.

b1afd3a8aa423514539daed82e56fb08.jpg

With it stowed.

74f97bee2f8faa95b5b4cbe3d1f7daa4.jpg

Door with out..

6a4481c4a1fef712717eafb38594a2d3.jpg

View of both door and board stowed.

279f896ef465d28e6fe7618873a20cf9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6S while out InTheSticks

·
7,044 Posts
Nice work, MacGyver! :salute:
? That is from the factory that way. That is the way Neo does it, seen a few others that were similar set ups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts