Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did a search and only came up with the Ski-Doo and Specialty sleds stiffeners. I have also been told that the Ski-Doo one need quite a bit of cutting to fit the RT 1000. Was wondering if there was any more companys out there building brackets that fit?

Also what are you guys doing to get rid of the clutch heat? I have put in to two 2 1/2" Flow rites in the tower area. It seemed to help but not enough.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I installed the doo plates before my first ride. You have to die grind or dremmel 3-4 sets of teeth off each side of the running board for them to fit. Not too big of a deal since the doo plates have the same raised teeth. However, the new plates do cover several of the slots which increases snow buildup on the running boards. I would definitely go wit the Specialty sleds (if I had it to do over again).

I have installed an R&M Stealth panel on the side panel (clutch side only). This helps cool the clutch too, but not enough. I am currently trying to find a good air box elimination kit that will free up some air space above the clutch cover, then do some custom luvering and add flow rites.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The only stiffeners to use IMO are the steel web stiffeners that rivet on Underneath the running board.
Best running board stiffeners ever.
Even a fat guy like me cannot bend em.
I will look up the part # on Thurs and [post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts