Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of pro 40's to put on my '13 Summit but they are too long, 18" vs stock 17" is there a way to shorten them by revalving or respringing to make them shorter or softer so I can compress them? IMG_3795.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
As far as I know you can send them to someone who revalves shocks and they can shorten them and valve them for your weight and riding style

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those are from the Freeride with wider ski stance.
You can put a spacer under the piston assembly to reduce the stroke and eye to eye distance. I haven't do this on this shock yet but I know you will end up with a shorter travel since the damper body is longer than the original one.

As for tuning for your weight and riding style, the comp and rebound tune assembly can be change but these shock have a wide range of adjustments and usually a regular service including oil change and nitro charge will do it. The spring rate is pretty much to get proper sag and hold the sled and rider up.

Something pretty simple on FOX when doing a narrow front end conversion.
d44b71290f1e0ed5884c6021b61ba7d1.jpg
c89700b7c5e617bb9d6f4fe2589fb96c.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Send them to Monster Performance Suspension,down load the info-rebuild sheet Ian is great.He can shorten the shaft for a minimal charge ,rebuild these and make you a happy sledder.I have had others rebuild shocks before ,but will send everything to them and highly recomend them. Good luck and happy sleding.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Send them to Monster Performance Suspension,down load the info-rebuild sheet Ian is great.He can shorten the shaft for a minimal charge ,rebuild these and make you a happy sledder.I have had others rebuild shocks before ,but will send everything to them and highly recomend them. Good luck and happy sleding.
X2

·
IKnowNothing
1,197 Posts
I think what you're trying to say is reducing the stroke of the shock, which anybody who works on shocks should understand how to do .

You need to be mindful when installing a spacer on the shock shaft of something with rebound adjust as you want the oil to be able to flow throgh the rebound bleed port in the shaft.

One doesnt simply just "Shorten" a shaft by physically turning down the bottom or top and running the threads further onto the shaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts