Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
hhmmmm the other day my tach was bouncing around from 6000-7000 rpm down to 0 and back up and down. Then i heard a weird sound I cant really describe it but to me it sounded like a hollow grinding sound. Or like when ur track spins on ice really fast. anyways it was makin this noise and i stopped checked my belt and sh&%, belt is good. then i pulled out the oil dipstick for the chaincase and saw flakes of metal in it. Would that be why it would be makin funny noises and causing the tach to bounce up and down.?

i was also able to turn the secondary all the way around with one hand. Tried my friends and his had some slack but i was not able to turn it all the way around.

Also this Bolt thats circled in black was kinda loose. I was able to tighten it with my fingers.??

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
martinr_17 said:
hhmmmm the other day my tach was bouncing around from 6000-7000 rpm down to 0 and back up and down. Then i heard a weird sound I cant really describe it but to me it sounded like a hollow grinding sound. Or like when ur track spins on ice really fast. anyways it was makin this noise and i stopped checked my belt and sh&%, belt is good. then i pulled out the oil dipstick for the chaincase and saw flakes of metal in it. Would that be why it would be makin funny noises and causing the tach to bounce up and down.?

Also this Bolt thats circled in black was kinda loose. I was able to tighten it with my fingers.??
[snapback]714010[/snapback]​
The bolt that is circled is the tensioner for the chain and it should have a clip that goes through it to keep it from backing off. The noise you heard may have been from the tensioner being you said you could turn the adjuster with your fingers. I run my tensioner as tight as I can get it with my fingers plus a couple of turns with a wrench.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
ya there should be an "R" clip in there if u look that that bolt u turned with ur hand theres a lil hole in it, i'd pop up the chaincase and make sure everything is good and tighten up the chain just so there no play and the shavenings are nothing unless it gets really bad, thees a magnet on there for that reason all sleds do it some more hten others and it when u turn ur secondary ur whole sled should be either rolling it forward or back depending on which way ur turning it, was ur buddy in some powder or soemthing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts