Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4500mi. on my 2015 600 renegade x. Should the exhaust valves be cleaned, how about new plugs? Can I clean the valves myself? It runs perfect, I don't know if I should even touch it? Thanks

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
In the past I would clean the RAVES every 5K, now I've been leaving more mileage in between servicing them. I'll usually clean at the 7-8K mark. I run full synthetic oil....FWIW.

Don't worry about the plugs until that time as well.

As Icutmetl mentioned, the manual will have all of the service intervals for your referance as well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know how to do the clutches, I heard you need to synchronize the valves or something when you take them apart. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
There's a plate for the rave sensor connecting both valves no sync needed, just clean valves, careful removing valves they will fly out in pieces of not handled right,

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The manual says nothing about cleaning the valves? My dealer just shrugged his shoulders when I asked about cleaning them. Do these new sleds even need it? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
No disrespect to your dealer, he shrugged it off so when you have issues you take the sled to him for repairs. Can't blame him, it's where the profit lies.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
The manual says nothing about cleaning the valves? My dealer just shrugged his shoulders when I asked about cleaning them. Do these new sleds even need it? Thanks.
my manual shows cleaning intervals for rave valves, I clean mine end of every season. I'd look for a different dealer one that doesn't shrug their shoulders when asked a question. Was this a ski doo dealer that did that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts