Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on the current conditions in Maine around Jackman that has actually rode there lately. Going next week for a week and don't know if it's worth going. Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
In and around Jackman is thin conditions and worn down, out about 7 miles it is overall good riding, club trail and trails to pittston farm~northeast carry is good. Moosehead lake still not safe in spots. Groomers have done a great job with what little they have to work with. As usual dont go south.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Went to Pittston Farm to day. You have to ride 3.1 miles of plowed road through active logging areas just a few miles after Jackman trails end. Still hit rocks with skis once in a while. Need more snow. Doesn't look like nothing substantial coming. Powdah_Skier is right Groomers have done well with what they have to work with. All trails are getting worn down. A lot of brown in a lot of the trails now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I look in the search bar for ME snow conditions, are they reported by doo forum members or by the general web. I would like to hear from actual riders not from bias promoters of "good snow conditions" i.e. hotels and other money making operations. Not that they are bad, they just stretch the truth

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I have a camp in Jackman. It's fairly thin around town but gets better as you move away. There are no water holes. Big Wood and all the surrounding lakes are fine. Parlin was staked this week and Moosehead will be this weekend outside the Birches. Greenville and the forks is super thin, but Parlin and Jackman to the border and Pittston and North East Cary are pretty good. It's not ideal and overall I'd give it a C. Riding to be had, but coverage is thin in the woods. Open woods road trails are mint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts