Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The conditions are minimal...however, if you know the area pretty well you can probably get around. I've been doing a lot of riding by East B Hill (about 30 minutes from Bethel) and there has been enough snow to get around up there.

Bethel needs more snow just as the rest of the state does. I do know that you can find some riding...just don't expect peak winter conditions and be wary of icy trails and thin snow (stumps, rocks, etc). It's been plenty cold enough this week already so that most washouts and water will have frozen over.

I don't know what they are saying about S. Vermont right now so I couldn't recommend one over the other.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I just found this on another website. Hope it helps.

Bethel Area Trail Report [01.18.2005]
« on: Jan 18th, 2005, 7:07pm » Quote Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent a few hours this AM grooming with my new (to me drag) which I purchased yesterday. It's a 4' wide x 128" long with two sets of full length cutters and an electric lift. Logged 30 miles of 2 passes to each trail.

One of our Tuckers was out last night grooming on parts of trail 13 and it came out awesome. Last nights cold allowed it set up like concrete. I've been keeping after the section of trail 13 through the pines after you cross RT26 in Bethel and I hit it last Friday before everything froze up so it's rock solid and should stay that way.

We still have a long way to go but we are planning to get back at it tomorrow and try and hit some more of the side trails. Unfortunately the bulk of our trail system is smaller, rougher trail that we need good snow cover to be able to groom with the Cats. The plan is to hit them all with the small drags and then hope for snow.

This afternoon I did about 40 miles of other local trail. Although ungroomed and rough, snow cover is good and we have a really good base of boiler plate to work with.

The finishing touches were put on the Kiosk out behind Lowell's Saw Shop on trail 13. Stop by and pick up a map.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
No problem. Just for an update, most of the southern and central parts of the state got 5"-8" last night and this morning. That should really help fill in. Looks like the sun might be out today to pack it down a bit (it's really fluffy) and then we're going to -10 tonight and tomorrow...that should firm them up nice! No 30+ temps in sight!!

It's taken awhile...but maybe we can start riding just about everywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.