Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I've had several Triton's over the years (utility and snowmobile) and l still have a TC167. I've never had a single quality issue on any of them and they've all seen their fair share of use.

If l was in the market for a new trailer, Triton would be my first choice, but with the way trailer prices have skyrocketed, l'm glad l'm not in that situation...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,076 Posts
I’ve had two Triton clamshells and three hybrids. Clamshells were great but two of the hybrids had major roof leaks right from brand new. And I mean major leaks. Triton “fixed” the first one. That lasted 6 months. They traded that for a second. That one was way worse. So bad they couldn’t fix it and they bought back my last one and the one they replaced it (I still have it) with was great for a few years then it wasn’t. I gave up on Triton fixing it even though it’s under warranty still and ended up sliconing the whole top myself. So far that did it for now. My next one won’t be a Triton. I can’t see Alcom making them better..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quality has dropped across the board when it comes to trailers. That why when I was looking for an enclosed 5 yrs ago I went with a used Load Rite gull wing.
I just couldn't find a new one that I was willing to lay out big bucks for, while knowing the build quality wasn't there.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Triton always seemed so expensive to me, Sno Pro, have owned several through the years. Only a couple of minor issues taken care of by warranty.
Hate to see competition eliminated or reduced.

·
East Coast Tony Administrator
57,695 Posts
I have an '07 Triton trailer that has been flawless.
Yeah, I agree that when competition is reduced it leaves room for the survivors to find a place to find savings.

·
Registered
622 Posts
There goes Triton. Mission are absolute garbage.
I run Forest River. Very good. I always considered Triton as one of the very best. That’s over now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Legend makes a great trailer but to shell out $14K (or more) to haul 2 sleds is a tough pill to swallow but on the other hand, a good quality trailer is a good investment, lMO. I look around at trailers for the heck of it and it looks like for the money, a v-nose utility/contractor trailer with a ramp door would be the way to go. They're a lot less money for whatever reason but lack a drive-out door which wouldn't matter to me as l have to back out of my TC which is no big deal whatsoever. If l was in the market for a trailer l'd seriously consider going this route.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Go Fast or Go Home
1 - 19 of 19 Posts