Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've posted on here. I havnt rode to much in the last two seasons due to some illnesses in the family. Things have settled down and I'm getting the sleds ready for this season. I do a lot of riding on the local lakes. I have two Mach Z's and an FIII - one is a 2000 CK3 open mod that I built solely for drag racing. My other 97 MachZ and 2000 FIII I built for playing on the lakes. I havnt saw the Z1 turbo cat run yet - but my neighbor just bought a Z1. it's stock other than clutch work / running ice picks /
chisels. I did A LOT of work to my 2000 FIII (809) I'm running a speed track w / ice pics. I have no problem out running the 1000 Mach Z's , Thundercats, or the F1000's. I've heard some people say the Z1 isn't that fast and I've also heard it's a rocket. I've never raced one or saw one run - how well does the Z1 run against a set up Ski Doo 800 triple??

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
I have seen them run and run against some strong Mach's.
You haven't got a chance unless your running NOS.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
There is no such thing as a "stock" Z-1...save yourself some embarassment. Those guys have had 3 yrs to figure them out and they are running pretty good!

G

·
anyone willing to go up against a hopped up mach z more than likely has a little somthin for ya. yea ive seen some Z1s with a turned up wick just flat out fly.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
If his sled is "stock" and your sled is set up well you shouldn't have any trouble with him. My well set up mach drives away from stock z1's and I haven't had any trouble with the trail jacked ones on pump gas yet. I have seen a few of the fastest z1's out there and they still had trouble getting off the line and getting going. Just make sure you are set up better than he is

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
anyone willing to go up against a hopped up mach z more than likely has a little somthin for ya. yea ive seen some Z1s with a turned up wick just flat out fly.
I had a guy on a 98 Mach 1 700 challenge me for pink slips this past winter.
I did not want to race him. Cause that was the first thing that went through my head. And had to ask what was done to it. He wouldnt tell me anything. I watched him leave later on and it was pretty quiet with stock pipes. Just made me wonder even more.
Still to this day, I dont know if he had some magic in desguise????Or if he was just some drunk calling a bluff?????

I have seen th Z 1's out there. Have not raced any. But a guy I was too with a stock Z1 talked about how great it was all around. And when I asked how fast he told me that If I can get more than 110MPH I will beat him.
I have also been told by Cat lovers that with the Speedworx kit they have they capability of 130+mph. But it also comes down to pretty near every cat guy you talk too, doesnt just look flashy with there gear, but they like to lie allot too.......

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a lot of time into my clutching and with the speed track / ice picks I'm running I should have no problems with a Z1 out of the hole. It holeshots extremely hard. My bother in law has an 1000 SnoPro that he has dumped a TON of $$ into - most of his riding is on the ice as well. The top end is pretty impressive, but I leave him so far in the hole he can never catch up. I'm really curious to see what kind of top end the Z1 has. I've heard several people say the Z1 tops out at 110. If that's the case, the Z1 would have to have some serious killer mid range power to just walk by my FIII. It should be interesting. I've also heard from a few people they easily achieve 115 +. But then again those are the same guys that will tell you their 600 ZRT does 130.............

G

·
I had a guy on a 98 Mach 1 700 challenge me for pink slips this past winter.
I did not want to race him. Cause that was the first thing that went through my head. And had to ask what was done to it. He wouldnt tell me anything. I watched him leave later on and it was pretty quiet with stock pipes. Just made me wonder even more.
Still to this day, I dont know if he had some magic in desguise????Or if he was just some drunk calling a bluff?????

I have seen th Z 1's out there. Have not raced any. But a guy I was too with a stock Z1 talked about how great it was all around. And when I asked how fast he told me that If I can get more than 110MPH I will beat him.
I have also been told by Cat lovers that with the Speedworx kit they have they capability of 130+mph. But it also comes down to pretty near every cat guy you talk too, doesnt just look flashy with there gear, but they like to lie allot too.......
i agree nick those cat guys are sneaky and big liars... i like how they run around with zrt 600 or ext 580 hoods with 1100 hooper motors.... yea not fallin for that one...

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Watched 2 Z1's last year on a track for picks and chisles only litterly blow every sled there was away. Granted they could have not been totally stock or were they??
They were exstreamly quiet & picked to the hilt & had rev limiters. They jump off the line like a rocket leaving any challengers like they were parked!
I'm not a Cat fan by any means but these sleds impressed the heck of me. If 4 strokes can run like that why would anyone want to build a 2 stroke ever again?

·
Registered
804 Posts
If you want to beat on some Z1's come to lake wisconsin. These guys here are a bunch of drunks with deep pockets. I haven't seen a Z1 run right yet. They got all the bolt ons you can buy and when the hit the flipper the motor breaks up because they cant tune a turbo motor or any motor for that matter. If the thing somehow spools it wants to flip over and crash. I have yet to see a turbo sled go fast around here. Even Doo Junkys Turbo MXZ is here and the owner rides it slow with his crack hangin out.

Snow Automotive tire Vehicle Sports gear Automotive design

Attachments

·
boost junkie
10,662 Posts
if they are not stock they can run

and when they got mega mods they can fly
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvTtZySVH_Q

this one just ran a low 4 660 @ 135+ mph

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
A great video - not a Z1 but still a big buck arctic cat F1000 anyway.
Felt sorry for the guy....looks was tows the guy(lol)

The Z1 (Turbo) last year on the radar runs, fully stock (owner said anyway) pulled 104 and 99 @ 1000 ft. Talked to the guy and he and his buddy were taking turns, each about 250lb (at least). He said he just rides trails and decided to try out his first radar run. Seemed believable to me. Sled didn't miss a beat and pulled hard off the line.

Brad

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
A great video - not a Z1 but still a big buck arctic cat F1000 anyway.
Felt sorry for the guy....looks was tows the guy(lol)

The Z1 (Turbo) last year on the radar runs, fully stock (owner said anyway) pulled 104 and 99 @ 1000 ft. Talked to the guy and he and his buddy were taking turns, each about 250lb (at least). He said he just rides trails and decided to try out his first radar run. Seemed believable to me. Sled didn't miss a beat and pulled hard off the line.

Brad
Another one for DOO!!!!!!

Did I ever find that amusing when Dude gave it the grand tug........

·
Registered
271 Posts
slow..hahaha.. you might want to look away from my crack and see the sled was set at trail height

tuning for boost is a different animal, espcially with programmable ecu's, but I'm getting there. Hopefully getting close this year.

My prostock RLE would never touch this thing now.

Attachments

G

·
slow..hahaha.. you might want to look away from my crack and see the sled was set at trail height

tuning for boost is a different animal, espcially with programmable ecu's, but I'm getting there. Hopefully getting close this year.

i'm hopeing that 133 is 1000 ft...i seen you at lakeside when that pic was taken..wanted to chat with you but too busy...maybe you can help me clutch tune my ck3 1025 this year???

·
Registered
804 Posts

Thats what I get for shooting my mouth off.
I got some decent pics of your sled shoot me a PM if you want and i can send them to you. The Z1 did suck at both runs tho.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
If you want to beat on some Z1's come to lake wisconsin. These guys here are a bunch of drunks with deep pockets. I haven't seen a Z1 run right yet. They got all the bolt ons you can buy and when the hit the flipper the motor breaks up because they cant tune a turbo motor or any motor for that matter. If the thing somehow spools it wants to flip over and crash. I have yet to see a turbo sled go fast around here. Even Doo Junkys Turbo MXZ is here and the owner rides it slow with his crack hangin out.

View attachment 219653
Plumber?????

·
Registered
271 Posts
Plumber?????

I wish, those guys make bank.

that 133 came in around 800ft. We had some bad track last year and had to cut down length for testing. Dustin gave me a good running trail sled, I'm just stupid enough to think I need to go faster.

We should be at Lake Wi this year. Stop by, we're usually just f'ing around, we don't take it all too serious. Just some family fun, the wife put down a 123 out there last year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts