Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up a near mint 95 machz with no motor going to build this one for my girlfriend who is new to the sport thinking of a 600 or 617 in it just wondering if anyone has put a motor this small in one of these and what was the result thanks mike

·
Registered
332 Posts
rowdie said:
i picked up a near mint 95 machz with no motor going to build this one for my girlfriend who is new to the sport thinking of a 600 or 617 in it just wondering if anyone has put a motor this small in one of these and what was the result thanks mike
[snapback]303616[/snapback]​
I wouldn't recommend it - you will have a huge project to get the smaller engine to bolt in much less figure out what drive belt, etc. to use. Find a 780 triple - either ebay or a local snowmobile boneyard, go through the engine and install it. This will be much less work than attempting to fit a 617 in there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Willie said:
rowdie said:
I wouldn't recommend it - you will have a huge project to get the smaller engine to bolt in much less figure out what drive belt, etc. to use. Find a 780 triple - either ebay or a local snowmobile boneyard, go through the engine and install it. This will be much less work than attempting to fit a 617 in there.
[snapback]304082[/snapback]​
hEY DON'T LISTEN TO THIS GUY, GO PICK UP A 583 OUT OF A FORMULA AND YOU'LL HAVE NO TROUBLE, NEED TO ALIGN CLUTCHES AND MEASURE FOR BELT, A SIMPLE INSTILATION

·
Registered
332 Posts
Why not just but the original 779 engine and restore the sled to original condition? By putting in a smaller engine, the sled will be virtually worthless if he decides to sell it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Willie said:
rowdie said:
[snapback]304082[/snapback]​

·
Registered
139 Posts
rowdie said:

·
Registered
139 Posts
got a new remanufactured 617 just waiting for a home every thing pipe carb electrics all new ski doo parts I am a ski doo mech for a dealer give me a shout

1 - 7 of 7 Posts