Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Mach "ZRX" Project Sled

875 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  rodder 
#1 ·
To anyone who can help - I am converting my 05 Mach Z to the project sled
MACH Z-RX - basically the 05 Z to a renadade with real suspension and a little more muscle - some eye catching paint and the hell with the 07.

Looking for input on Rear Suspension - Stock Skidoo Renegade X or ????
Track input - ride in Maine and New Brunswick so I am probably going with 1.25"
From what my dealer has told me so far, an OE Renagade Chassis is probably going to be my foundation and the 05 Z rear skid frame will work with 06 Renegade slide rails, just need to find some real shocks.

Any input is greatly appreciated - right now I got the Z spread out in the shop and waiting to pull the trigger on buying parts and for anyone reading I will have some parts needing new homes -

05 Front shocks,ski's, 4000 mile track with 144 carbides, maybe a chassis with a very slight and I mean slight bend in the vertical going inward toward the track, right next to the right footwell, just rearward of the chaincase (hit a bump hard enough to tailwalk the sled, but not eject me, put a .100" sweep in the drive shaft,
she still runs 120+ but she has a slight vibration from the shaft. So I going to build a project sled. Other than that - the chassis does not have a single scratch. It could be easily straightened and reinforced and I may still do that if I cannot
find parts to accomplish this

See less See more
#2 ·
sounds like a good idea i have done something similar but not so much work as you are going to be up for http://www.dootalk.net/gallery/album1913 i went with 136x1.5 track with extensions and some big wheels to help her roll.i also installed some x piggyback shocks for the front and stiff rear torsion springs for the rear,still need some c36 clickers for the rear summer project. have fun modding

#4 ·
I have a 06 z. Looking into inproving front and rear suspention. The one place that i was inpressed with is Hygear performance suspentions. I talked to them on tuesday about shocks, thay have some real nice packages for both mach zs and renagades. thay are working on some real nice setups (remote resavore shocks- C-46 clicker rears) give them a call. Thay are listed in dooTalk shopping list. I will be calling them in the fall. Good luck

#7 ·
i installed hygears complete shock and spring package. this sled is now what i bought it for ,a great x-country sled. fast on the lake, unbelievable on groomed twisty trails and great in the bumps. i'm faster in the bumps then friends who ride f-7 and crossfires and they are better riders then me. this is so EASY to ride fast in almost every condition. the only place those other sleds are way better is the off trail deep snow stuff. you really fell the weight. call ross at hygear for your suspension, since it sounds like money isn't really a prob $2300-2700 for shocks will be well worth it. i think he's now offering resivoirs on all 4 shocks as well as compression clickers with triple rate and dual rate springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.