Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
RevRiderXcc said:
I was wondering if anybody owns a 05 Mach Z. I am wondering what you think of it. I am just looking for a second sled and this is a possibility.

[snapback]301701[/snapback]​
If your looking for a sled that goes fast in a straight line and your not planning on riding on any rough trails then it is great. I rode one for about three hours and it handles like crap IMO. It pushes bad in the corners and feels really loose, but the power is awesome. Maybe if I set it up for me it would have been better but the shock stroke on the front seems really short. The front shocks bottom out really easy also. I felt like I was fighting the sled when I was in the twisty stuff, but on a straight trail that is smooth nothing will touch it. I feel in stock form it is a great lake sled or nicely groomed trail sled, but if you ride in twisty trails or rough trails this isn't the sled for you. It is nice to squeeze the throttle and just feel the pull though, it hauls the mail in a straight line. Not a bad sled for the first year, needs some work in the suspension department and the stock skis don't cut it but that motor just keeps pulling.

·
Registered
230 Posts
RevRiderXcc said:
I was wondering if anybody owns a 05 Mach Z. I am wondering what you think of it. I am just looking for a second sled and this is a possibility.

[snapback]301701[/snapback]​
I've got one and I love it! Of course there are always a few annoyances with any first year sled. Truthfully I would hold out until next year when ALL the bugs will be worked out. A couple things to keep in mind: If your looking for a ditch banger or think you can ride this like a REV you'll be very disappointed. I came from a 2001 T-Cat and several older Mach Z's (93, 93, 98, 00) and this is far superior to any of them. I have 800 miles on mine and the power is incredible, the clutching could use some work (too many rpm's), skis need to be changed, and I have yet to figure out the suspension. Overall I would give it a 8.5 out of 10. I do 90% trail riding and 10% lake racing. My father has an 05 RX-1 and as much as I hate to say it, that ride is far better than mine.

·
Registered
151 Posts
as to what skidoofan said about the pushing in the corners I have felt that on all of the rev style's that I have rode but also they werent set up for me either like you said.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I was seriously considering this sed, but i was thinking i am completely happy with my Gade so i think i might hop on another one of those except i will get the X package this time. I also thought about the Summit but a terrible trail sled.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have the 04 gadex 800ho and the rt 1000 mach z .I like the z for power only
it has power like no other IMO.But she do not take the place of my gadex.If
for some reason i could only keep one it would be the gade.(best of 2 worlds)
But next year there will be a 136 kit going on the z and new shocks to bring
her up off the ground.And BRP they wont be bought from you to pocket the $
cause you should have sold it with REAL shocks.Even though those 1st. year
machines are sort of a ripoff ,Would i buy from again?YES.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
well there is going to be a 1000 gade soon so that might be a possibility for ya. I love mine and with some suspension setup it does everything my 03 800x does. it is a bit easier to bottom it out but as for twisties its awesome.

·
Registered
164 Posts
freakshow12 said:
well there is going to be a 1000 gade soon so that might be a possibility for ya. I love mine and with some suspension setup it does everything my 03 800x does. it is a bit easier to bottom it out but as for twisties its awesome.
[snapback]303205[/snapback]​
I know its the machine ive always wanted ,but, have to have something
to bitch about.All jokes 1 side shes( #1) hell of a machine. thanks BRP.

·
Registered
608 Posts
best sled i ever owned, its everything i wanted, its a lake runner and it can still handle rough trails. obviously not a snow cross sled but thats not what i wanted. once u figure out the suspension and get it set up right its awsome. i say buy onw

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking at buying an '06 Mach Z. Never owned a Ski-Doo before, but seriously thinking about changing that.

Have any of you ridden Gen II Polaris sleds before? if so, how does the Mach compare to the non-Edge XC10 suspensions found in the '98-'01 Polari? I'm not looking for power/engine comparisons, just ride and handling in the rough stuff.

I read how the Mach is more of a lake sled, not very good in rough trails, etc, but compared to what? I'm trying to find perspective.

Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have went from a
96 Storm
98 XC 700
00 XC 700 Gen II
01 XC 800
02 700 RMK
03 XC 800
04 Renagde 800 HO
05 Mach Z

My opinion but the new Mach handels better than a gen II chasis or the Edge. Now the Edge had a little better bump eating ability but with rider postion change of the ski doo it is awsome compared to old style sleds. The 04 Renegade is the best sled I have ever owned an will probably end up with one next year. The Mach Z is an awsome sled as it is the fastes stock sled I have ever rode,but for the trails and off trail I go REV or Gade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
to tell ya the truth-thier mach z s-they suck for trail riding unless its a well groomed trail

but trails are only to go to lake then it is all worth everytime i gotta bottom out to get there

if you do buy a mach z -you wont go back to other brands i assure you

tc guys

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I've got a '04 800HO and a new Mach. For a balls out trail ride I'll take the rev, for everything else the Mach is just fine. I bought the rev last year after I blew up my '00 xcr w/ a HTG 1000cc trail motor. I rented a rev for the day, and within a week the 800Ho was sitting in my garage. There is no comparison between the gen 2 poo and the new Mach. I thought I would be a little dissapointed with the power compared to my honest 200 hp xcr, but just the opposite, this mach is the closest thing to a triple I have ridden. It is smooth, very little vibration for a big twin, and once you doo a little clutching, it runs! Just my $.02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts