Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when running the temp gauge never leaves the cold mark on the gauge as it sits running just b4 fouling a plug it will only come up to the first mark. anyone elses sled do this. just seems to never come up to temp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
chooch said:
when running the temp gauge never leaves the cold mark on the gauge as it sits running just b4 fouling a plug it will only come up to the first mark. anyone elses sled do this. just seems to never come up to temp.
[snapback]281795[/snapback]​
my temp gauge hardly moves - usually showing at the 1/4 mark max.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
whiteshell said:
chooch said:
when running the temp gauge never leaves the cold mark on the gauge as it sits running just b4 fouling a plug it will only come up to the first mark. anyone elses sled do this. just seems to never come up to temp.
[snapback]281795[/snapback]​
my temp gauge hardly moves - usually showing at the 1/4 mark max.
[snapback]281844[/snapback]​
This weekend I was supprised to see mine leave the 1/4 mark and go up to 1/2 but the trails were very ICY (lower mich gaylord to indian river) and it was so cold the snow/ice just didnt cool it, once we found snowy trails it was back to 1/8-1/4 at its highest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
catgotodoo said:
whiteshell said:
chooch said:
when running the temp gauge never leaves the cold mark on the gauge as it sits running just b4 fouling a plug it will only come up to the first mark. anyone elses sled do this. just seems to never come up to temp.
[snapback]281795[/snapback]​
my temp gauge hardly moves - usually showing at the 1/4 mark max.
[snapback]281844[/snapback]​
This weekend I was supprised to see mine leave the 1/4 mark and go up to 1/2 but the trails were very ICY (lower mich gaylord to indian river) and it was so cold the snow/ice just didnt cool it, once we found snowy trails it was back to 1/8-1/4 at its highest.

[snapback]281867[/snapback]​
Normal...no t-stat.....motor runs COLD....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
My dealer called today and said a note from BRP for performance enhancements on the Mach Z--use BR8ECS with 18 thousands gap, synthetic blend oil and use the Summitt compression plugs. This is to be available Jan. 26 and suppose to fix the plug fouling. The engine runs to cold and fouls the plugs using the BR8 which are hotter is better but hope to have a remap soon. The summitts have a bog at 6000 rpm and BRP is working on this now. I know that you are to have the ecu reprogrammed for extended use above 8000 feet-what the heck maybe should go back to carbs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
The engine does run cold unless there is no snow in the tunnel. Then the temperature will come up very quick and almost to the hot mark. I have even sealed off the front belly pan vent and added the snow screens on the hood vents and it still stays below 1/4 on the temp gauge.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top