Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got to replace the track on my Mach Z. Just wondering, is there anyone out there with high h.p. Machs, what stud patterns have you tried and how many studs work the best. I'm going to restud with Woody Mega Bites.

·
Registered
36 Posts
hotmxz said:
I have got to replace the track on my Mach Z. Just wondering, is there anyone out there with high h.p. Machs, what stud patterns have you tried and how many studs work the best. I'm going to restud with Woody Mega Bites.
[snapback]291415[/snapback]​
I swaped my stock track for a 1 1/4 solid paddle camoplast with 144 studs in the middle only. I am very pleased with this setup and recommend it. I would not use less than 144 studs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hotmxz said:
i had 192 woodys mega bites w/angled backers on my 98 mach z....i had them sticking around an half inch past the track.....with woodys old "V" pattern and studded outside too.....hooked up great on trails and grass and saved my track..hardly shown any wear.....wasnt the greatest on ice....still had alot of track spin with all that power (i only lowered the front end and never messed with the rear....that might of helped)......same setup on an 01 xcr 800 except sticking out 5/8 to 3/4 past the track.....hooking up pretty good on the ice.....there pretty long though just scuffing the tunnel.....on my next triple i'm going with ice set up only....woodys double angled diggers & big nut....with a mix of stucboys assassins and kwixx pixx 1.200.....(60pix/40ass % mix per stud boy).....i see now the key is to get as many scratch lines as possible.......i see crank shop has a template pattern of 32 scratch lines for 192 studs.....just dont under stud....with that HP they will rip out and ruin your track....

PMS: also would like to see a good stud pattern that works on the ice??

example "v" pattern

*..[].*.......*.[]*
.*.[]..*.....*..[].*
*..[]...*...*...[]*
.*.[]....*.*....[].*

·
Registered
230 Posts
hotmxz said:
Just a word of caution. Be careful on the length of studs you use. I had 192 1.175 Saber Warthogs on my 98 Z. The pattern I used was Saber's 32 line scratch pattern with every other outside lug studded. The sled was clutched, piped, and had some mild head work done and after 2100 miles the studs ended up eating thru the tunnel and into my steering support, taking it out. Good thing I was not in the trail.

·
Registered
58 Posts
dlittle said:
hotmxz said:
Just a word of caution. Be careful on the length of studs you use. I had 192 1.175 Saber Warthogs on my 98 Z. The pattern I used was Saber's 32 line scratch pattern with every other outside lug studded. The sled was clutched, piped, and had some mild head work done and after 2100 miles the studs ended up eating thru the tunnel and into my steering support, taking it out. Good thing I was not in the trail.
[snapback]291653[/snapback]​
with 1" tunnel protectors u will be fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts