Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advise ,my sled has been in the shop for about 2 1/2 weeks for a fuel starvation problem,they thought it was ice effecting the electric pump,I had my sled back for 2 days of mild weather driving and it worked,it went cold,-27C and it would idle for 3 mins. then starv out of gas,dealer replaced electric pump and same thing, they pulled diagfram pump,no oil deposists or gumming found,they are working with BRP and now they have a new diaghram pump coming.The dealer has been great towards this issue with me, they don't lie to me they tell me staight up,and I can feel there frustration to the point were they,I mean service tech.,appolagized today to me,I told him it's too fekin cold out any way but it is exspected to warm up this weekend,he said no this totally unexcuseable on BRP behalf and they have been talking to them by phone and pleading not to leave this issue in the air.Well BRP is at the ski-doo realease show in accupolco,and all assistance is gone till they get back,My sled is totally usesless to me or anyone I try and sell it too.Would anyone know if another diagram pump from another model is compatable,PS blowing a gasket at the dealer will not help this ,all I can do is wait.

·
Registered
149 Posts
squish band said:
I need some advise ,my sled has been in the shop for about 2 1/2 weeks for a fuel starvation problem,they thought it was ice effecting the electric pump,I had my sled back for 2 days of mild weather driving and it worked,it went cold,-27C and it would idle for 3 mins. then starv out of gas,dealer replaced electric pump and same thing, they pulled diagfram pump,no oil deposists or gumming found,they are working with BRP and now they have a new diaghram pump coming.The dealer has been great towards this issue with me, they don't lie to me they tell me staight up,and I can feel there frustration to the point were they,I mean service tech.,appolagized today to me,I told him it's too fekin cold out any way but it is exspected to warm up this weekend,he said no this totally unexcuseable on BRP behalf and they have been talking to them by phone and pleading not to leave this issue in the air.Well BRP is at the ski-doo realease show in accupolco,and all assistance is gone till they get back,My sled is totally usesless to me or anyone I try and sell it too.Would anyone know if another diagram pump from another model is compatable,PS blowing a gasket at the dealer will not help this ,all I can do is wait.

[snapback]305106[/snapback]​
ive devised a kit for the pulse pump hydro-locking with oil
no matter what the oil gets in there-weather they change the fitting on the crankcase or shorten the hose or whatever-what i 1st did was to relocate pulse pump higher than crank fitting-at least the oil would drain back into crank-then tried a high volume pulse pump with better venting and all that di was spray oil mist all over-but the latest is a small inline electric pump that works flawlessly-eliminatd lots of hoses and vac pump all together and no worries about fuel starvation-so if need be i can ship you the pulse pump but it wont help your sled any

·
Registered
149 Posts
F3doodoo said:
squish band said:
Thanks for the input,
[snapback]305211[/snapback]​
Just a dumb question-if it is fuel injected why does it have a diaphragm-pulse pump?
[snapback]305798[/snapback]​
the pulse pump feeds a reservoir in the tank and the high pressure injector pump draws fuel from this reservoir

1 - 5 of 5 Posts