Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
801 - 819 of 819 Posts

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
16,623 Posts
My sled used to run good, now it runs great. I've never owned a sled that keeps getting better like this one.

I hope you all see the same.
Mine also seems to get better and better, but I also think some of it is me getting more and more comfortable with the sled and it's capabilities so I'm pushing harder.

I own one and have radared 3 this weekend. Dont care about internet. Sled is no faster than sn 800 etec top end.
Granted the sleds are set up differently but my Mach made my buddies 2014 800 seem like a turd. The throttle response wasn't there nor was the acceleration. He didn't want to get off my sled after trying it. I don't blame him, I didn't want to ride his anymore after the first few miles LOL

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
We have another mach in our fleet so 3 of them. 2 of them were identical at 7400-7600 at best out of the box, both early builds, just added another mach, late build and it pegs to 8000-8100 every time and feels much stronger than the other 2. Im now convinced this is not clutching, its in the ecu but we are going to try a tial wastegate on one of the slow ones to see if it makes a difference.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
14,193 Posts
We have another mach in our fleet so 3 of them. 2 of them were identical at 7400-7600 at best out of the box, both early builds, just added another mach, late build and it pegs to 8000-8100 every time and feels much stronger than the other 2. Im now convinced this is not clutching, its in the ecu but we are going to try a tial wastegate on one of the slow ones to see if it makes a difference.
Ours is late 8100-8200.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Brent can you just swap the ECU's , tether? ,Gauge? And narrow it down ?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Can the Buds system at least verify the calibration version?

Reactions: motohd66

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
Sounds like you may be in to something with the early vs late builds. Doo would have to know there is an issue with early builds if that is the case. It would be great if someone could get a late build(running 8000+ rpm) and get a boost number.

·
Registered
678 Posts
900r X, #59 to dealer in late Nov. 1100 miles and 8000-8200 every time and 120 on speedo except for around 5-600 miles rpms were inconsistent and would sometimes only do 7700. Put new gboost belt on and no rpm issues since. Have tightened/checked all boost clamps, changed oil at 900mi, try to run only 91+ ethanol gas. I had problems with 571 being inconsistent on my 21 850 gade. 571 performs well when its working but I just don't feel its a long term performer.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Yup normal. Ypu are getting really good shift out actually. No problem there...

·
boost junkie
11,815 Posts
yes you can mod the clutch
but for oem its good
seen many that are more like 1/2-3/4 inch from top

Reactions: DOOREV800

·
Super Moderator
31,782 Posts
That's still not fully into OD. It can do better, cut the spring cup. Done correctly you will have zero unused.
It can be a little better stock too - a little. Here's mine, all stock. Not much marker left.

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Hood

801 - 819 of 819 Posts