Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
781 - 800 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Was at my dealer to day and told him i was just getting 7600. He said he's had this on others and have seen that its a throttle adjustment. The fellow who is to tell me how to fix it though is off till Monday and I'm not smart enough to know where to try on my own.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
14,193 Posts
When you get over approx. 20lbs of boost for a sustained period the stock fuse pops. Doesn't make a lot of sense as the fuel pressure doesn't rise with boost so the pump doesn't see more load but it seems to happen on all of them. They must be right on the limit of the fuse in stock form.
Thank you I was curious about that so strange.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
You can't data log their flash. Worthless if you can't data log it. Especially the big tunes.

Reactions: DOOREV800

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
You can't data log their flash. Worthless if you can't data log it. Especially the big tunes.
Yes data logging is great, how ever a lot of guys are set it and forget it.

also what good is data logging if you don’t have the capabilities to change anything. Plus a lot do not even have the knowledge on what to change or how to properly dial in a tune.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
pefi have nice things no doubt. I just worry those several stage 2R last that blew and they were left with blown motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s a touchy subject forsure. But In the performance game there is always going to be failures. If you are not wanting to take that risk you should leave your machine stock.

·
Registered
142 Posts
For anyone wanting their Mach to run better, with the advise of a Rocker Dan ( thanks a ton!!!) I installed the 880 ramps and 44/38 helix while keeping the stock spring. Honestly can say that it feels like an entirely new sled! Pull so hard low-mid range it’s almost more than most people will need. Up top it never stops pulling and that feeling of hitting a wall on rail grades is no longer there. Little bit of background, my sled would hit 7700 every time and then drop back to 7600 and feel like ecu was pulling power. With the new combination it pulls 7900-8000 every time and hold rpm the way it should and no longer has the feeling that it’s pulling power. This was riding at about 20F. Sled now runs side by side with my buds thundercat from a slow roll, whoever gets the jump maintains the lead slightly. Can thank Dan enough, my Mach now feels like the sled that should have been delivered by brp.
Wow !!! Great results !! With stock gearing and drivers ?!

·
Registered
337 Posts
It’s a touchy subject forsure. But In the performance game there is always going to be failures. If you are not wanting to take that risk you should leave your machine stock.
I agree with you but it just seemed their was many all at once like it was tuning mistakes. I may be wrong but didn’t t hear of TD tunes blowing 1100t back in the day. I guess what I’m saying I want a tune but if it has 5 less hp so its safer I prefer that.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I agree with you but it just seemed their was many all at once like it was tuning mistakes. I may be wrong but didn’t t hear of TD tunes blowing 1100t back in the day. I guess what I’m saying I want a tune but if it has 5 less hp so its safer I prefer that.

Tunes taking out motors happen more often than guys will admit. I know a few 900t motors that have gone down with just 16 psi tunes. That's why data logging and octane are so important. Get lazy once and that's all it takes.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I did a quick 271 mile run yesterday on my 900r x. It was -30 c and the humidity was low. Finally hit 120 mph speedo (108 gps). It took about 1 mile to get there. It would go up to 105 then to 101, then up to 107 then down to 103. Then up to 114 down to 110 then 120 down to 116 all while holding it wot. Each time you could feel it stop and start accelerating. That's not clutching. Was at a constant 7700 rpm . Later in the day it was back to 7500 and 108 on the speedo.
Automotive lighting Font Gadget Display device Gas

·
Registered
492 Posts
I did a quick 271 mile run yesterday on my 900r x. It was -30 c and the humidity was low. Finally hit 120 mph speedo (108 gps). It took about 1 mile to get there. It would go up to 105 then to 101, then up to 107 then down to 103. Then up to 114 down to 110 then 120 down to 116 all while holding it wot. Each time you could feel it stop and start accelerating. That's not clutching. Was at a constant 7700 rpm . Later in the day it was back to 7500 and 108 on the speedo. View attachment 1990785
The dream meter is set so you won’t get a speeding ticket. Lol
Yours is running pretty good ,Hopefully BRP comes out with a new update to produce more top end speed.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The dream meter is set so you won’t get a speeding ticket. Lol
Yours is running pretty good ,Hopefully BRP comes out with a new update to produce more top end speed.
The 108 GPS is an extremely rare occasion. 98% of the time it's 103 GPS. If it ran like it did on Saturday 100% of the time I would be extremely happy. With the cold temperatures it was better everywhere. Ran very similar to my tuned 900t except for top end, but I'm OK with 108.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My mach ran 8000 ish plus or minus basically out of the box. 200 km on it running 8000 rpm it ran 186. 450 km on its running 180 at 7800. Today tried to change to a 531 belt and it's worse in better condition 7600 rpm but still 180. Hit 180 pretty easy then flat. Any thoughts? Or stop thinking about it till i put a few more km on?

What belt should I be using stock or 531?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My mach ran 8000 ish plus or minus basically out of the box. 200 km on it running 8000 rpm it ran 186. 450 km on its running 180 at 7800. Today tried to change to a 531 belt and it's worse in better condition 7600 rpm but still 180. Hit 180 pretty easy then flat. Any thoughts? Or stop thinking about it till i put a few more km on?

What belt should I be using stock or 531?
Id keep the stock belt. I’ve had no issues with it on my mach. Need toadjust the belt deflection to about 1/8” from bottom of cogs to above sheaves.that helped with some low rpm lurching/grab.

I also almost half a mason jar of oil. Fully warm and on level ground oil was just above max line. I reduced it to where it sits just below halfway point. This will help with oil getting in intake and dirtying up intercooler. I should have did this from getgo but did it at 325 miles on machine.

781 - 800 of 819 Posts