Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
61 - 80 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Did your dealer tell you this or is it I the owners manual. This is disappointing .
The dealers tech manual recommends a loose deflection as historically electronic reverse in past years have issues with tight belt deflection so to avoid issues, their directive is to keep them loose. Not sure of the actual owners manual given to consumers since as a typical man (According to my wife) I have never looked at one...

Reactions: rockerdan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Love it! This is exactly how Dano's revs!

And you have the "single ply" track I assume? I have been thinking alot about tracks, as this is another difference in Dano and My Sled....lighter single ply, no studs making more rpms then heavier 2ply.

Definitely will be interesting when I do my studding, likely lose more rpms.

Dan
As posted earlier there are 1.5 tracks running 8000……I think chasing the track theory is a waste of time.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Not sure if Goodwin is a DT sponsor?
And I would personally never use clickers for the 900r.

I do know Chris at C&T has been a long time DT sponsor and has set me up with anything I order, be it when I'm in NY or here in Muskoka Canada, he gets my email request and replies right away and things get to me fast.

Dan
Why don’t you like clickers on the 900r
I ask as someone who is not very knowledgeable and how to adjust a P Drive
First one I’ve owned

Hey now

·
boost junkie
11,247 Posts
IMO they are quite complex for weights
and with the big torque range of 900r
not really needed...once the adjustable weights are set
they really dont need any adjustments
the two strokes have a narrow torque rpm range
and trail conditions make a bigger difference for them

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,954 Posts
Dan,

What octane fuel are you running in your sled? There is a possibility your knock sensor is more sensitive than Dano on the same fuel. If I were in your shoes I would be looking at A) boost leak tester. Forget saying “I tightened the clamps” pressurize it to at least 10 psi. B) Drain your fuel and ensure you have the best 91 you can get and go test. C)Test crack pressure. D) check knock sensor tq

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Not sure if Goodwin is a DT sponsor?
And I would personally never use clickers for the 900r.

I do know Chris at C&T has been a long time DT sponsor and has set me up with anything I order, be it when I'm in NY or here in Muskoka Canada, he gets my email request and replies right away and things get to me fast.

Dan
Yes Goodwin is a DT sponsor. Greg’s son, Garrett, designed the tool. Garrett is the one that raced adaptive Snocross and won a Gold medal.

·
Premium Member
8,399 Posts
Yes Goodwin is a DT sponsor. Greg’s son, Garrett, designed the tool. Garrett is the one that raced adaptive Snocross and won a Gold medal.
That tool was a brilliant design, use the crap out of mine

·
Registered
189 Posts
The dealers tech manual recommends a loose deflection as historically electronic reverse in past years have issues with tight belt deflection so to avoid issues, their directive is to keep them loose. Not sure of the actual owners manual given to consumers since as a typical man (According to my wife) I have never looked at one...
[/
Loose belt deflection has nothing to do with the low rpm issue at WOT

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think you missed my point. I always run the Ultimax. Never said the 571 was not a long lasting belt or a good belt. I actually think the 571 is a very tough belt. I just have been clutching with the Ultimax ever since Timken bought out Carlisle quite a few yrs ago. I found that belt worked so well on my plagued Winder that I have used them ever since. MY 850 got the ultimax right from get-go. Ultimax uses a softer compound and is shorter, runs ultra clean. Many things I like.

As for the Dalton adj....I always install them on all my turbos, to future proof the clutching, be able to dial in rpms and can do this in minutes any morning before the ride according to temps that day. And now that I have seen the Mach ramp, and experienced the soft engagement and bottom end, i couldn't be more excited for the daltons to arrive.

In the end the cost savings on the belt is not that much, especially when these sleds seem to do well on belt life. So in reality it's less about cost difference and much more about clutching my sled in the manner I have been used to. Ramps are also not a wear item like a belt, always more value there at the end of the day and not just monetary.

Dan
If you like Ultimax you are gonna love Gboost BadAss belt. Ultimax has its issues, bad downshifiting on warmer conditions/slushy snow. BadAss belt is like ultimax, but with consistent performance no matter the conditions. Also measurements are closer to stock belt, ultimax being a bit too wide. We used to ride ultimax back in 2018-2020, but when bad ass came out never looked back. I really recommend to try it out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
2022 XRS Renegade 900 Turbo R, first ride today, approximately 250kms on the sled after today. Quick adjustment, 1 1/4" Ice Ripper. First tank of gas, rode relatively easy. 2nd tank, rode a bit harder, anywhere from 7700rpm to 8000rpm. Very very consistent in that range. Stock Doo belt. Loving the new 900 Turbo R... Cochrane area today, Hearst tomorrow..

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
While the belt deflection does not directly relate to peak rpm issue some are attributing the Mach's sluggish performance down low to the ramp. That reported sluggish perfromance can be directly related to belt deflection. Do your homework Contigo!

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Adrenaline 900R
112 Posts
Here is TIDBIT that may help. FOOD for THOUGHT
While in Maine i ran into a group of 6 with 3 Machs & 3 other 900R's.
3 of the sleds put in the "cup" that helps with coil bind.
They all ran 7900 compared to other 3 that were at 7700 that didn't put in the "cups".

Mine has 660 miles on it now. 1.25 Ripsaw with 96 studs. I weigh 170
It runs 76-7700 on the beds, but after LONG pulls it will slow to 7500 & lose some speed.
Maybe belt getting hot or maybe Incoming Air getting hot. Not sure yet.

Just FOOD for THOUGHT

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Adrenaline 900R
112 Posts
I also like Dalton's & the adjustability.
I do NOT believe they are the fix, but as we start changing springs & other things, we will NEED them to dial in that set-up.
DannO is just setting up for his future plans.

I am VERY HAPPY with this sled, but it NEEDS more top end.
Kind of embarrassing when my old 25,000 mile Apex is right next to me with a 3000 mile belt on it.
At 7500 rpm's, i think he was gonna take me!!!!!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I see people complaining about missing RPM on mach z. Stock primary spring is 417224165 (170-300). Cheapest and easiest fix might be to go with 417224166 spring (170-350). I would definately try that first.
I will know the answer to this today.
Scaled reptile Wood Font Pattern Symbol

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
What about this supposed “break in” period ? My 850 had a count down timer and noticeably improved performance after break in and I’m wondering what to expect from this new 900tr ….will it hit peak RPM and ‘wake up’ after 500kms ?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I haven't ran my 150/350. It'll be interesting to see the results. The crazy thing is yours revs 7700 rpm and still mph's were mine at 7700 is 107mph. Weird!!!
Agreed.
Your track and belt as they should be?
Also im running the 531 not the 571

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
What about this supposed “break in” period ? My 850 had a count down timer and noticeably improved performance after break in and I’m wondering what to expect from this new 900tr ….will it hit peak RPM and ‘wake up’ after 500kms ?
MY buddy just put 1000km on in Q.C, same sled as mine, also 7700 no change.

61 - 80 of 226 Posts