Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
761 - 780 of 819 Posts

·
Ski-Doo Guru
14,193 Posts
ya, probably not enough load and too short of a pull...
probably need a dyno...not likely at a dealership
John Whalen still seems to think he can crack the new ecu
I know he has it open, but still dealing with the encryption
maybe he will re-flash the whole ecu to be non encrypted
just guessing... that is what evo does
Evo is kinda crappy with what they do, they brute force your ECU then pour epoxy over it so you can't even reflash it again. Foolish way of doing it. Guaranteed ECU can be read its going to have to be done via removing the epoxy to get onto the main chips. Likely once a hardware hack is implemented it will allow flashing via can bus at that point.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Goes back to the possibility of too much oil in them - too much oil fouls the charge tubes and the first domino falls.

Look at how many guys are reporting performance getting weaker as the miles add up. Shouldn't be that way.

That said, not one sled yet had been reported to be under 180hp on the dyno yet, not one that I've seen.
On the Polaris FST's a bulletin came out to fill the oil only to the low mark on the dipstick to help prevent this. And most guys installed a catch can or vented out the belly pan or welded a fitting to the exhaust.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Read up on 2048 rsa key and you will see that it wont be hacked.

"2048 bit RSA key is something called asymmetric cryptography. It is used for validating identity (signing) and ensuring that only an intended recipient can access the information sent (encryption). It is composed of two pieces, a public key and a private key."

It hurt my brain to read it all..lol it is why evo had no choice but to physically remove the part of the ecu that contains this encryption instead of the usual electonic hack n flash.

·
ride hard or die trying
7,949 Posts
ya, probably not enough load and too short of a pull...
probably need a dyno...not likely at a dealership
John Whalen still seems to think he can crack the new ecu
I know he has it open, but still dealing with the encryption
maybe he will re-flash the whole ecu to be non encrypted
just guessing... that is what evo does
Pefi has a tune in a ecm on a mach now in testing not sure how they are doing it

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Same old same old. What did the 900 turbo run with a flash at best? 115 average the odd 120 if it was absolutely perfect. Can’t see why the 900R was expected to be so much different the sled was over hyped by the marketing department and further skewed by the hype from a few on here.
I'll take Sara Evans! I bet her oil level doesn't matter on a dry sump engine!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
My XRS is only getting 7400 on the gauge, approximately 260kms on the dial... am I still in a break in period? Will it wake up abit
Some do, some don't. Some rev to 8000 right away from mile 1 like the 2 in our group and another buddy's only did 7400 at first and is now over 7600. Some rev good and then fall off after some miles on. It's all over the place. Break in seems to have nothing to do with rpms. And nobody has proven there is a break in besides what's written in the manual.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Anyone know why the hurricane ecu needs a bigger fuel pump fuse?
When you get over approx. 20lbs of boost for a sustained period the stock fuse pops. Doesn't make a lot of sense as the fuel pressure doesn't rise with boost so the pump doesn't see more load but it seems to happen on all of them. They must be right on the limit of the fuse in stock form.

761 - 780 of 819 Posts