Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
581 - 600 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I did some testing on the old 900 intercooler a few years ago and showed it to loose about %10 power in a fairly short pull didn't matter what the temperature was. Two pulls back to back forget about it. It would be the first upgrade I would make but this still doesn't explain why some sleds top end and others don't.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
There are a few guys out here getting nice top speeds out of these on essentially stock machines. But many say it basically hits a wall at 105 on the speedometer, mine included. I don't think ski Doo intended that. Maybe during the break in period that they have repeatedly said limits the machine, but not long term.

Any chance that there is a break in period and whatever is supposed to be releasing the ECU isn't getting triggered? I'm just trying to figure out why some guys are getting numbers that I think the machine was designed for while many hit that 105 wall. And then there are those who claim they can't even beat an 850. I know once we started data logging the 900t there were several guys that found problems from factory including TPS that explained why their sleds we're performing like dogs. We don't have that now and that part is what really sucks the most. Amazing machine. Mine rpms well at between 7900-8000. And it pulls well. Screwed us by locking the ECU.
Do you know what shift ratio you are at when you hit 105 mph?

·
Registered
42 Posts
" I ran a tuned 900R this weekend and it was strong in the middle but nothing up top past 90"

No such thing!

" He also state his 205 tuned 900R crushes his Mach."

No such thing!

" he has thrown everything it clutching wise and can’t make it go faster than an 850 and it loses to most 850’s "

Complete bull :poop:

The only thing that you have proven in any of the above is your just about as big of an idiot as 51f3.
Dood drink some koolaid slow z's seem to be getting to you

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Thanks, i will now add you to this list. Your even a bigger idiot then the others. How many 2022 205 tuned 900R's do you know of. Since your slow i will patiently wait for your answer.
" slow z's" if you were able to read and follow along you would know i don't have a "slow z"
I see you only joined 3 months ago.
Is this your Facebook picture.
Sculpture Statue Chest Artifact Wood

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I have never seen so many TROLLS on this site!

Bob

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
When the last version of the Mach Z was released, dootalk was in it's infancy; the trolls and fools just slayed that sled on here. Surely not for being slow, but every other little thing they could pick at.

17+ years later same thing, maybe worse!

Must say I'm disappointed in what I am hearing for performance however, the RT Mach Z was a good step up from the 7 year old ck3 Mach Z platform in every way, performance, ride, efficiency.......the new Gen 900R should also eclipse the 17 year older platform in every way, but it sounds like the old 2005 is still the fastest stock Mach Z ever made.

That's just not acceptable, don't care how nice it rides.

Hand Mobile phone Communication Device Portable communications device Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
It is a touchy subject, We all know a good portion of Mach’s are not fast . A lot of Mach owners have done there best to make them go faster with some success .
Brp needs to step up and address this major lack of power, Sooner than later.
Aren’t you selling yours?
Before you pick it up?
Before you ride it?
Some are completely outta touch! “Major lack of power”??? Seriously I’ve only seen a couple of other people in person with them and they had all great things to say from there experience. How bout you pick yours up ride it see it you received “slow” one then come here and keep complaining?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
31,796 Posts
Please post sled vin number and owners names.
I'd settle for a picture of 3 of them together, gotta have the shoe though.

I'm betting it won't happen...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
" I ran a tuned 900R this weekend and it was strong in the middle but nothing up top past 90"

No such thing!

" He also state his 205 tuned 900R crushes his Mach."

No such thing!

" he has thrown everything it clutching wise and can’t make it go faster than an 850 and it loses to most 850’s "

Complete bull :poop:

The only thing that you have proven in any of the above is your just about as big of an idiot as 51f3.
I guess I will help correct this since it keeps getting brought up and I was there. It wasn't a tuned 900r but a tuned 900t. We had a conversation with a group that had 2 mach's running in it. One ran pretty good and the other not so much. The one that wasn't so good was getting beat by his old tuned 900t and 850's. The guy had a very extensive background of sledding including racing with skidoo's. He sounded like he gave up trying to get it to run good. I won't go into any more detail and leave it at that. The stock Tcat pulled the 900s on the big end. To me it sounds like a 50/50 shot on these things. Both the mach and 900r xrs in our group have the dead spot up top and getting out mph on top by 850's. The xrs runs out to 8000rpms and the mach not so much. With that and the 2 we talked to this weekend thats 3 out of 4 that seem to have the issue. I hope it gets figured out. I have seen some get some big numbers on top. On a side note, if your not happy with it you can always sell it and make money. I made $2500 and my buddy I think has his sold today for a $4000 gain.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Aren’t you selling yours?
Before you pick it up?
Before you ride it?
Some are completely outta touch! “Major lack of power”??? Seriously I’ve only seen a couple of other people in person with them and they had all great things to say from there experience. How bout you pick yours up ride it see it you received “slow” one then come here and keep complaining?
My dealer contacted me this morning and mine and 5 others are still missing shocks,
It won’t be to much longer for the 2023 SkiDoos get released . And sled season will be over.
Time flys .
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
For anyone thinking about putting an 821 belt on a 900r save yourself the time the thing will only spin 7,200 RPMs I had some extra time to test some stuff 8:21 don't even try that belt on the 900r
Thanks Ken. Is that with the 897 arm's in ? Or 880.

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Adrenaline 900R
187 Posts
Can i just set the record straight once & for all?
Here are the facts:
1. These 900R's are NOT slow! We must define "slow"
2. They will NOT beat a stock SideWinder on top ONLY.
3. This thing will BEAT any Non-998 STOCK sled out there.

I ran against my old ECOTRAIL Winder for 600 miles this weekend. This Winder pulls away from stock Winders.
On hard pack i would give him the "hit" at any speed from 10-70 then would catch him & pull out front by a sled.
Unfortunately for him the snow dust made it dangerous at that point so we let off before he could catch me.
It was VERY cold which i think helped me A LOT.
Next day we ran a lake that was loose so i lost my advantage of Ski Doo's great weight transfer, but he lost his advantage on top.
I beat him to the .3 mile mark 8 of 10 times. Ran out of rideable room.
We just didn't get to run top, but i already know he'll take me, but not sure how much. He believes he was only a few MPH faster in THOSE conditions.
This same sled i GPS'd 121 on hard pack lake before. I am NOT sure if it's running as good as i had it.

Now for the 850's:
I love these sleds. They are fast, quick, spool up quick. Just plain FUN!
I pull away from them at any speed and they can NOT catch me.
Got better MPG than them also & i'm out front. My nickname is "Throttle".
Poo 850 a bit quicker then the Doo, but they are very even everywhere.
All sleds have 96 studs & set up for TRAIL riding.
TRAIL set-up means skis on the ground at high speed corners, can still handle bumps, pump gas & REAL windshields.
No gimmicks. Just trail friendly sleds lining up to DUKE it out now & then.

I, like MOST here, am very happy with this sled & it's performance.
I would like some more on top, but am NOT complaining.
I believe there is an ECU issue, but nothing i can Doo about that or even care to.
$500 fix=YES
$4000 fix=NO
It NEEDS a BOV valve. This i'm disappointed with BRP. Sounds like the motor is blowing up.

My sled has 1300 miles on it & runs 7800 rpm's in the cold. It was -24 one morning.
I will play a bit just to see if there is some improvement somewhere like i do to ALL my sleds anyways.
I did have a DRAGY to use, but i get SOOOOO focused on riding, i just..........................................RIDE!
I am shooting for 6000 miles this year. If i can make it that far without breaking.........it will be a miracle!
I forgot to mention.....................i break stuff.

P.S: I find it funny how a DOO forum has 2-stroke DOO guys busting on 4-stroke DOO guys.
P.S2: On TY it was the Apex vs. the Winder guys
P.S3: How will we ever have WORLD PEACE if Ski Doo boys bash each other? Can't we all just get along?

581 - 600 of 819 Posts