Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
If I got 115mph GPS out of mine in ANY condition I'd be through the roof. 107mph on the dream meter is a far cry from 115 GPS and I think more guys are around where my sled is then anywhere near 115gps, hense the disappointment. It'd be nice if skidoo gave us a sled that you didn't have to spend countless hours clutching, checking boost hoses for leaks, changing secondary springs and helixes etc! I never once thought it would be a lake Racer like the 998, I did expect more from skidoo than 7700rpm and 107mph at $25000!
Well said, Were do you cut your losses?
This was definitely the most expensive sled I have ever purchased . My dealer says BRP hasn’t herd of any of these issues , I call 1800 Bull ****
There isn’t many people on this site bragging about how fast there MACH z is unless there reading the dream meter.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Maybe it’s the one that haven’t been fiddled with.
Or the SRX isn’t at full throttle .
The 900 ace is a great over achiever and has great take off speed but it seems to dies on the top end.
I would like to see all of the Mach’s running good and giving Yamaha and Cat a run for the money but
I personally don’t think it never going to happen.
The Yamaha motor has long legs and proven H/p with a lot of tuneable options.
It’s like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You repeatedly add no value to this forum. I think everyone would be pleased if you took a break from repeatedly posting about how disappointed you are in a sled that you haven’t even taken delivery of. Everyone here gets that a tuned winder is in a different ball park and I don’t think anyone cares to be honest.
You just can’t except the true facts that these 2022 turbos are very slow . GPS and Radar guns don’t lie . Brp has a major problem on there hands with the Bosh system that won’t be rectified till after snowmobile season ends .
My friend that works a BRP said only 1 in 10 sleds is working properly. You can buy all the parts you want to make it faster that will do very little .
The ECM has a safety glitch in it that is pulling the H/p back .
BRP are working with Bosh to replace all of the
Bosh ECM ‘s .
They are all on back order with the rest of the chip shortages the world is experiencing.
When a customer Pays $25000 plus for a product that doesn’t work as advertised you usually make a complaint or return it an ask for your money back.
The issue here is , The dealers and BRP are saying there’s no issues ,But when you get passed by a 600 , You know something is wrong.

Please remember , Yamaha engines are second to none in the power sports world.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I will pay the same amount for that 600 as I did for my Mach! There is no chance in hell a 600 is passing this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have 6 friends with 2022 Mach’s and one of them got passed by a 600r ski doo .
His Mach is the worst of the bunch , His top end is 104. 5 MPH on gps (said) The rest of us are all around 107 to 108 MPH another friend has a XRS that is 110 MPH. All of this was done on loose powdered snow on ice.
We definitely need more horse power.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You're obviously not a snowmobiler. If you buy a premium sled, you also get premium features you get to enjoy.
I had a 600R and know for a fact you have no clue what you're talking about when talking top speed while we always experiment with GPS runs.
Its embarrassing to know you might be local to me and I might even know you. Your agenda to make a sled look bad has now turned around to make yourself look bad. Time to let it go man. Less talking and more listening might get you what you want to hear.

So back to original programming where this thread is about experimenting with RPM fixes and clutching. Whiners can start your own thread and leave this one alone as we'll end up losing more informative posters.

For now, we're GPSing in the 112-113 mark with probably a couple more mph to be had with miner tuning. Mines bone stock without studs hitting those numbers. These numbers are on par with "stock" sidewinders we tested that were equipped with 1.25 tracks. A 1" track and maybe gearing will do wonders if anyone really needed to get closer to the 120 mph mark. The jury is still out on actual boost levels so time will tell if something needs to be done there.

Dan
I didn’t see you guys on the lake of bays today
You must have been clutching or driving the train.

A Neighbour brought his Mach z up from London
today and ran 115 on radar on the lake of bays .
His brother bought the same sled same dealer and his runs only 107 on radar back home .
All they did was to install studs and a shorter drive belt
The computer that controls theses sleds is definitely the problem ,

·
Registered
492 Posts
Aren’t you selling yours?
Before you pick it up?
Before you ride it?
Some are completely outta touch! “Major lack of power”??? Seriously I’ve only seen a couple of other people in person with them and they had all great things to say from there experience. How bout you pick yours up ride it see it you received “slow” one then come here and keep complaining?
My dealer contacted me this morning and mine and 5 others are still missing shocks,
It won’t be to much longer for the 2023 SkiDoos get released . And sled season will be over.
Time flys .
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
For anyone wanting their Mach to run better, with the advise of a Rocker Dan ( thanks a ton!!!) I installed the 880 ramps and 44/38 helix while keeping the stock spring. Honestly can say that it feels like an entirely new sled! Pull so hard low-mid range it’s almost more than most people will need. Up top it never stops pulling and that feeling of hitting a wall on rail grades is no longer there. Little bit of background, my sled would hit 7700 every time and then drop back to 7600 and feel like ecu was pulling power. With the new combination it pulls 7900-8000 every time and hold rpm the way it should and no longer has the feeling that it’s pulling power. This was riding at about 20F. Sled now runs side by side with my buds thundercat from a slow roll, whoever gets the jump maintains the lead slightly. Can thank Dan enough, my Mach now feels like the sled that should have been delivered by brp.
That’s is great news, But that still doesn’t answer why some sleds are running great right out of the box and a lot of others are in the 104 to the 107 category.
It is obvious that some are programmed with less Boost

BRP should have sent a bulletin to reprogram there 2202 900 turbo R in a timely manner,
But instead They are saying everything is alright and just break it in with 2 different belts .

Again ,
BRP is singing , Don’t worry about a thing Every little thing gone a be all right ( Bob Marley )

I have also heard, There is a complaint group forming ,To force Brp to make theses sleds produce the H/p and boost as they were advertised .

Thanks again to Rocker Dan for diving into this Cluster F### .

·
Registered
492 Posts
One more time...
Show me ONE dyno sheet where it didn't make 180hp, just one.

You can't and you won't. You just want to troll away.
Most of the Mach’s are 15 psi of boost and were advertised as 17 pounds of boost, My best friend got his Mach from Ontario. His dealer actually put a boost gauge on a few of the Mach’s that they delivered. Most of them were in the 15 psi and my friends was at 17 psi from the factory.

This Mach has been running 118 to 122 on radar and GPS with no up grades other than new belt.

His dealer thinks BRP programmed most of the sleds to 15 psi to prevent warranty work down the road. The horse power is definitely there.
Ask your dealer to put it on the boost Gage.
Or you can keep on buying Go Faster Parts till the snow go’s away .

·
Registered
492 Posts
I did a quick 271 mile run yesterday on my 900r x. It was -30 c and the humidity was low. Finally hit 120 mph speedo (108 gps). It took about 1 mile to get there. It would go up to 105 then to 101, then up to 107 then down to 103. Then up to 114 down to 110 then 120 down to 116 all while holding it wot. Each time you could feel it stop and start accelerating. That's not clutching. Was at a constant 7700 rpm . Later in the day it was back to 7500 and 108 on the speedo. View attachment 1990785
The dream meter is set so you won’t get a speeding ticket. Lol
Yours is running pretty good ,Hopefully BRP comes out with a new update to produce more top end speed.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts