Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
381 - 400 of 819 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,790 Posts
A Slow 2022 Machz that is going up for sale
Same offer as the others - $11k.

That's $11k USD, so that's waaay more than the $25k CAD you've been crying about. 😭

·
Super Moderator
31,790 Posts
Obviously you missed the sarcasm...

Between that, speed , and RPMs you seem to be missing a lot lately. 🤣🤣🤣

The $11k offer stands.

·
Super Moderator
31,790 Posts

·
Ski-Doo Guru
14,193 Posts
KYB builds them for the sleds, Fox builds them for the SxS.
Besides all the guys complaining about the performance of it, the sled must handle and ride extremely well with the smart shox. That's the main reason I want to ride ours is to try the shocks the rest of the sled as far as I am concerned is a beautiful trail sled, and I would imagine performance is on par with the 900T when flashed. Still scratching my head at all the complaining about speed, the sleds are BRAND NEW tight sleds, with generic factory calibrations. It doesn't take a whole lot to look at what the flashed 900T's were running for speeds to see what the Mach will do. At best its a 180 hp sled and performs as such. I don't understand the mass disappointment here what were guys expecting them to run like everyone should already know what they will work like. Most guys have been riding the same config since 2019...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Besides all the guys complaining about the performance of it, the sled must handle and ride extremely well with the smart shox. That's the main reason I want to ride ours is to try the shocks the rest of the sled as far as I am concerned is a beautiful trail sled, and I would imagine performance is on par with the 900T when flashed. Still scratching my head at all the complaining about speed, the sleds are BRAND NEW tight sleds, with generic factory calibrations. It doesn't take a whole lot to look at what the flashed 900T's were running for speeds to see what the Mach will do. At best its a 180 hp sled and performs as such. I don't understand the mass disappointment here what were guys expecting them to run like everyone should already know what they will work like. Most guys have been riding the same config since 2019...
Most of us expected with the unveiling of the Mach to be competitive at “the top of the food chain”. So we expected ski doo to mislead us on 180 hp as Yamacat did and which they did with the 900r consistently running 194 ish hp on most dyno’s. We just expected the boost they stated and a difference in mapping up top then what they gave us. The sled is an amazing trail sled and it’s my first four stroke in which I was extremely nervous about not liking it due to the weight up front. I really like it on trail and I could see in real tight choppy trails where the 850s weight would be nice but with the smart shocks and proper adjustments to suite the rider this is a fantastic machine! It’s just not the big mph sled the Mach name represents unfortunately. Some say we oversold it to ourselves in which we did but not as much as ski doo let us down with the “return of a legend”. I whole heartedly expected it to run with a stock winder (yet to be determined or backed up by facts) and also knew it wouldn’t run with the tuning capability’s of the 998. I know some are really struggling with rpm ect but the good ones just may run with a stock one (winder) all I hear is hear say and talk nothing to back any statements up so who knows where we stand. Yes I know someone will obviously stand on the 998 mound and comment that the 998 will out run it so before you comment on this post please grab your camera and show me and I’ll be a believer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ski-Doo Guru
14,193 Posts
Most of us expected with the unveiling of the Mach to be competitive at “the top of the food chain”. So we expected ski doo to mislead us on 180 hp as Yamacat did and which they did with the 900r consistently running 194 ish hp on most dyno’s. We just expected the boost they stated and a difference in mapping up top then what they gave us. The sled is an amazing trail sled and it’s my first four stroke in which I was extremely nervous about not liking it due to the weight up front. I really like it on trail and I could see in real tight choppy trails where the 850s weight would be nice but with the smart shocks and proper adjustments to suite the rider this is a fantastic machine! It’s just not the big mph sled the Mach name represents unfortunately. Some say we oversold it to ourselves in which we did but not as much as ski doo let us down with the “return of a legend”. I whole heartedly expected it to run with a stock winder (yet to be determined or backed up by facts) and also knew it wouldn’t run with the tuning capability’s of the 998. I know some are really struggling with rpm ect but the good ones just may run with a stock one (winder) all I hear is hear say and talk nothing to back any statements up so who knows where we stand. Yes I know someone will obviously stand on the 998 mound and comment that the 998 will out run it so before you comment on this post please grab your camera and show me and I’ll be a believer.

I think you have realistic expectations just look at what the 900T was capable of with a stage 1 flash, that's all the Mach is going to do at BEST without tuning. I think everyone got a killer trail sled no doubt its just no lake racer. I agree that the hype around this sled both from Ski-Doo AND the guys ordering them probably didn't help how guys are feeling. I just can't understand how anyone expected 120+ out of this thing on GPS that's a pipedream. 110 MPH any day on GPS on SNOW would be an achievement.

I know some guys with a new mach Z turning pitiful top speed numbers yet the 1200 with trail boost runs through the gun at 130+ same day same track :D The 900T/R is never going to be a big mph machine period. I exhausted this in 2019 with my flashed 900 turbo. Unless its geared for the MOON expect 115 mph GPS to be about the TOP of the food chain for these on 90% of the conditions guys will run.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think you have realistic expectations just look at what the 900T was capable of with a stage 1 flash, that's all the Mach is going to do at BEST without tuning. I think everyone got a killer trail sled no doubt its just no lake racer. I agree that the hype around this sled both from Ski-Doo AND the guys ordering them probably didn't help how guys are feeling. I just can't understand how anyone expected 120+ out of this thing on GPS that's a pipedream. 110 MPH any day on GPS on SNOW would be an achievement.

I know some guys with a new mach Z turning pitiful top speed numbers yet the 1200 with trail boost runs through the gun at 130+ same day same track :D The 900T/R is never going to be a big mph machine period. I exhausted this in 2019 with my flashed 900 turbo. Unless its geared for the MOON expect 115 mph GPS to be about the TOP of the food chain for these on 90% of the conditions guys will run.
Touché

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Yeah but its a Ski-doo with the mach z name...some people (many apparently) tought they'd be infused with Ski-doo magic ;)

As you are saying anybody that followed peeps modding around the previous 900 turbo could figure out where this one would end up approx....At that point its mostly on the buyers fault in my book....Ski doo marketing team did their job...and they are good at it...its all about the hype...things hyped like that are a let down for unrealistic people most of the time...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Yeah but its a Ski-doo with the mach z name...some people (many apparently) tought they'd be infused with Ski-doo magic ;)

As you are saying anybody that followed peeps modding around the previous 900 turbo could figure out where this one would end up approx....At that point its mostly on the buyers fault in my book....Ski doo marketing team did their job...and they are good at it...its all about the hype...things hyped like that are a let down for unrealistic people most of the time...
I wouldn’t say it’s unrealistic they had the opportunity to have a winder at the proving grounds for testing. They brought back the lake racer top end name. Stated and said the meanest quickest and faster than anything else. Most powerful ski doo ever.(true). Why would they bring the name back unless it would at least run with stock Yamacat that is the top of the lake food chain? If they came off as this is the badest trail sled then I could see us being unrealistic. The marketing crew did a great job selling but like previously stated the engineers failed to back it up, but only on top. Mine ran 111 on packed trail and got there quick and back out due to running out of room and clear sight distance. Mine also pulls 7900 consistently. It feels strong but you can tell on top the ecm is in control. I got lucky so far so who know hopefully this weekend I get a real top end run in and see what it will run speedo and gps. It will out run a brand new XC 850 in open Feild and pull from it on trail pretty easily.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Someone has to try this. Ride a Mach under 40 mph for 10 miles then do a full pull and see how it performs. From my experience on a 2020 Whalen tuned 900T Enduro with over 5,000 miles on this sled I have noticed that it ALWAYS pulls most rpm's and speed after I have been riding it under 40 mph in twisty trails for a while (half hour). My theory is the ECM is slowly removing all engine protections that were active when running higher speeds. What I am saying is these protections do not just disappear once the culprit (Ex. Knock) disappears. Shutting the sled off for a period of time does not help either in my experience. You guys running around watching RPM's are not ever putting around. I know this is no fix but might lead to the ECM engine protection as the culprit. I have the data logger mounted on my bars.
Cant be that since that's 99% of all doos they can't go over 40mph in the twisties

381 - 400 of 819 Posts