Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
361 - 380 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Someone has to try this. Ride a Mach under 40 mph for 10 miles then do a full pull and see how it performs. From my experience on a 2020 Whalen tuned 900T Enduro with over 5,000 miles on this sled I have noticed that it ALWAYS pulls most rpm's and speed after I have been riding it under 40 mph in twisty trails for a while (half hour). My theory is the ECM is slowly removing all engine protections that were active when running higher speeds. What I am saying is these protections do not just disappear once the culprit (Ex. Knock) disappears. Shutting the sled off for a period of time does not help either in my experience. You guys running around watching RPM's are not ever putting around. I know this is no fix but might lead to the ECM engine protection as the culprit. I have the data logger mounted on my bars.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Someone has to try this. Ride a Mach under 40 mph for 10 miles then do a full pull and see how it performs. From my experience on a 2020 Whalen tuned 900T Enduro with over 5,000 miles on this sled I have noticed that it ALWAYS pulls most rpm's and speed after I have been riding it under 40 mph in twisty trails for a while (half hour). My theory is the ECM is slowly removing all engine protections that were active when running higher speeds. What I am saying is these protections do not just disappear once the culprit (Ex. Knock) disappears. Shutting the sled off for a period of time does not help either in my experience. You guys running around watching RPM's are not ever putting around. I know this is no fix but might lead to the ECM engine protection as the culprit. I have the data logger mounted on my bars.
I have noticed in just the sound and way it reacts (have no boost gauges ect…)that it likes to be ridden like a corner to corner on the gas off the gas on the gas off the gas. Seems to pull very hard each time vs just pinning it. Again have nothing to base it off other than seat if the pants and doesn’t amount to or mean anything but just some more input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a public relations disaster, I should have known not to buy the first year of any skidoo again.

Brp have got some sleds running decent and a whole pile that are just duds .

Customers are trying there best to figure what’s making these sleds so slow on there own.
By looking for leaks ,ramps ,springs , gears, in stalling boost gage’s , clutches The list goes on spending time and money as there season rolls on with no answer in sight.

These engines are all the same except for clutching. The only other factor I see is the programming that makes this sled run.

This will continue to happen until BRP figures out were they have gone wrong with the programming of this Engine and a update to fix it.

We all know this ECU /computer is loaded up with safety perimeters to prevent warranty issues down the road.( maybe to safe)

Brp should be sending Dealers and valued customers a bulletin or letter stating they are having technical issues and we are working hard to fix these issues .

Time is ticking on this season.
[/QUOTE
If you ordered the Mach because you wanted the ultimate trail sled, then you will get exactly what you’re expecting!
Not with the 850 being faster, lighter, and getting better gas mileage…….850 is your trail weapon.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Has anyone tried a torsional secondary spring? They come with a compression spring right? Once i get time thats where im headed with the mach, will start around 18 lbs. from what my bud is telling me is its shifting too fast in the secondary then it doesnt have the power to pull itself, thats where a torsional spring can help imo. Time for the b/y/r dalton. Its too bad dans post got off track but that seems to be the usual in here lately, alot of smart guys in here so maybe stop the bitching and lets figure the sled out
exactly when mine finally decides to show up it’s fn game on. I have a buddy with a 17 YamiCat when it first came out it was a absolute turd!! Guess what a called TD and boosted the crap out of it. Same thing us Mach guys r gonna have to doo that’s y I didn’t care about warranty!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
You don’t feel the shocks and front end is a big improvement?
The midrange is amazing on mine. I haven’t had the chance for a long wfo run but spooled up to 111 real quick. Low end is ok but I need to get my studs in it asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

361 - 380 of 819 Posts