Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
321 - 340 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Dan,

Have you ever thought of adding the Remote Coupler Block adjuster:

Let’s you run coupled OR uncoupled…..I have one going on my XRS once I get the call that the SDCU/smart shox controller is in (assuming that happens this winter lol).

I thought this would make my sled an XRS/Lynx lol…..
Doesn't that just change it between 1 and 4? I dont think uncouples ? Just saves stopping and pushing button and turning it?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
This is a public relations disaster, I should have known not to buy the first year of any skidoo again.

Brp have got some sleds running decent and a whole pile that are just duds .
I allllllmost ordered one,,,,,but decided to stick with what I knew and bought the 850 xrs instead, with no fancy shocks or screen. After reading all this, glad I did. Hopefully this gets fixed for you guys.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Doesn't that just change it between 1 and 4? I dont think uncouples ? Just saves stopping and pushing button and turning it?
Actually it fully uncouples, or returns it to whichever setting you set on the blocks (so if you have your blocks on 3, its either 3 or moves the bumps out of the way uncoupling the suspension.
Actually the system gives you uncoupled or whatever’s setting you set the blocks to (so if you have the blacks set to 3, you get 3 OR uncoupled (from a twist on your handlebars):

·
Registered
539 Posts
Seen 112 on speedometer and was still pulling, was running out of real estate so let off. only tried for short run due to still breaking in, the rest of time was short burst on trail and rpms were pepe
Seen 112 on speedometer and was still pulling, was running out of real estate so let off. only tried for short run due to still breaking in, the rest of time was short burst on trail and rpms were spot on
112 on my speedo was 104 on GPS. This was on packed snow,not very good at all.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Actually it fully uncouples, or returns it to whichever setting you set on the blocks (so if you have your blocks on 3, its either 3 or moves the bumps out of the way uncoupling the suspension.

Actually the system gives you uncoupled or whatever’s setting you set the blocks to (so if you have the blacks set to 3, you get 3 OR uncoupled (from a twist on your handlebars):

Ah ok!! For some reason I thought turned the block. Thats pretty slick.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I don't know how long they have had the ignore feature on here, but holy cow it's nice. You ignore 3 or 4 account's and this forum gets a lot more enjoyable again. Just a few cancerous guys that won't quit. Sell the thing. Go away. Nobody cares.

The sky isn't falling. It's a very nice machine. Great machine actually. I plan on having it in my stable for a long time and the longest I have kept a sled is 3 years. Smart shox are a home run. As for guys complaining about the weight, it's a 4 stroke. And it's the lightest feeling 4 stroke I've experienced. Manual labor isn't for everyone either. Some are tougher I guess and others just play tough on the internet. This version of the 900t is much better than the 2019 XRS I had. Worthy upgrade. I will hold off judgement longer but it may end up being my favorite snowmobile I have had to date. A spot currently held in my heart by an 800 that I didn't think would get filled.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know how long they have had the ignore feature on here, but holy cow it's nice. You ignore 3 or 4 account's and this forum gets a lot more enjoyable again. Just a few cancerous guys that won't quit. Sell the thing. Go away. Nobody cares.

The sky isn't falling. It's a very nice machine. Great machine actually. I plan on having it in my stable for a long time and the longest I have kept a sled is 3 years. Smart shox are a home run. As for guys complaining about the weight, it's a 4 stroke. And it's the lightest feeling 4 stroke I've experienced. Manual labor isn't for everyone either. Some are tougher I guess and others just play tough on the internet. This version of the 900t is much better than the 2019 XRS I had. Worthy upgrade. I will hold off judgement longer but it may end up being my favorite snowmobile I have had to date. A spot currently held in my heart by an 800 that I didn't think would get filled.
Could’ve not said it better myself exactly what I think Smart shocks are some thing else game changer

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Adrenaline 900R
182 Posts
Well said, but I don't think it's a Public Relations DISASTER nor am i scared to buy a first year sled either.
I used to like the challenge, but the lack of snow in my area does make it harder & harder to test things myself.
I ADORED my Sidewinder, but we went through HELL trying to keep belts on them. 2 years worth.
Not to mention ALL the fixes we had to RE-ENGINEER.
First year Polaris 850's blew their motors in under 500 miles. 4 in one day on the lake i was at.

NONE of these 900R's are doing great on top end. A few doing OK, but not bragging rights.
GREAT sled with one flaw.....................that's it.
NOT BITCHIN' here, just need a TAD more as advertised.

Of course we always want a bit more.
On the Winder most guys that tuned, re-tuned with more the following year.
Then more after that.
This sport is an addiction.
Slightly less dangerous than CRACK....................just more expensive

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Adrenaline 900R
182 Posts
I think all of this is just pure FUN. Gets our minds rolling!
How boring would it be to hop on a new sled, do 120 mph with NO flaws for 5000 miles?
We'd have NO questions, opinions or even a FORUM worth looking at.
I've made more friends on these forums then in the field.
Kinda like a Band of Brothers when we conquer all our problems/issues

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,733 Posts
I bet rpm holds better with 25 top gear, may be too much load for secondary if track is anything more than an ice ripper. Might be surprised on top speed not falling off if clutching works more efficient
Been thinking same thing, 25 would work better for what I do. in the past geared down every doo ive owned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finally getting caught up here after much testing all weekend.

First off, lets just back up a bit as to this particular thread's OP. While I understand threads take on a life of their own and it's good to move onto other theories, let me just begin with what i was attempting to figure out in the OP.

Clutching Issues:
I had a Mach revving 7400-7500 right next to an Adrenalin revving 7900-8000. Both brand new sleds of 2022 model year. So the clutch component swap was on, and first proved the ADR ramps would make the Mach rev the same. First question was answered and concluded the Mach did have same power as the Adr.

Hated the Mach ramps, got the Daltons very fast from Chris and slapped them in. Set them up initially from the testing experience at 2.7g to center of body(bottomed) with tip open @77.6g total. This worked quite nicely, and had the Mach revving 8200 cold, and 8000 warm with a long haul fall back to a solid 7900 hot lap.

The big test came Sunday with our big local lake being ready to get onto ice(Lake of Bays).... side by side with Dano's test mule Adrenalin bone stock. Just to refresh memories, the Adrenalin initially had 5mph and 500 rpm over the Mach. Now with the Dalton adj ramps, these two sleds were basically identical in speed. Tapped 112 & 113GPS in some sections of the lake which has less snow than others.

So this was my goal of this thread, to answer the question why my Mach was so far off from the Adrenaline. I do think the 880 ramps are much nicer then the Mach ramps overall, however I love the Daltons for their obvious adjustability as I can dial in rpms for diff belts ect ect.

For me this is how you clutch, start with ramps with a range, now I will move to the springs of my choice(Dalton brand) that will not sack over time, I do this on all sleds I own, not just this Mach. I also believe we need less helix angle, and will be ordering that as well.

Other issues:

After a long day of lake running and watching the tach, I have some conclusions.

First off, i do not feel there is any octane(or lack of octane) ECU intrusion. We tried alot of short and very very long pulls holding WOT for 3-4 miles even, and my RPMS held solid. Longer hauls would stick at 7900 once all was hot. Never below.

When hitting snow/ice sections the Rpms drop a fair bit though, then come back fast.....this is telltale sign of too soft back-pressure or in other words secondary spring not holding solid rpms. Secondary is reacting to the surface change from ice to snow. My answer will be more spring and less helix combo. Always been a big fan of Dalton helix too, Dale works his magic on the design and top quality bushings, all measured in equal manner as BRP helix. 47 is far too steep for start, and 40 is too steep for finish. I will certainly post what I end up with after testing down the road. Also will be adding more primary spring as well, along with Ultimax.

In the end, this ECU is not producing anywhere near 17.6PSI IMO. It certainly feels strong in middle but top end just doesnt have it. I would be surprised if this was anywhere over 14psi peak boost.

I really dont think this will change either. The more miles I get on this sled, the more I think there is NO break-in 'chip' at all. It's been running exact same since day 1. I have close to 300 miles now on ticker and have gone through well over 3 tankfuls with no change in power.

I do not think there are any boost leaks as I have checked every connection, and I do not think that there is any crack pressure issue being too low ect.

Unless the ECU magically unleashes more boost at 1000 miles or something, i think BRP will need to come out with a reflash or something. For them to advertise 17.6PSI last fall and suck us all in, and deliver 14-15psi or so is really terrible.

And Nick has been testing the standalone from Hurricane with great success over 20psi or so, and crack pressure hold fine, and i think his forearms are sore from holding on! So these engines as designed can run strong, its the ECU holding us back and likely BRP can fix that but will they???

Dan
View attachment 1987027

View attachment 1987028
It appears you studded using a 3-2 pattern for a total of 120? What stud brand, type, size and backer did you go with?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Could’ve not said it better myself exactly what I think Smart shocks are some thing else game changer
Your 19 turbo is faster than you new $25.000 Mach z.
I am skidoo die hard, But when you see a great guy like Rocker Dan doing all the testing for us and coming up cold , There’s something wrong .
I and 10 friends didn’t purchase a Machz to go on a Sunday cruise .
It was advertised as The lake racer is back. I have a lake and Brp needs to give us the Racer part that we all paid for . $25.000

·
Registered
332 Posts
I’m curious what % of Machs don’t hit RPM? Some reports are fine some not so much. Is it isolated to a certain vin range or ECU build? I’ve only got 135 miles on mine on Wisco trails so haven’t had the opportunity for a long pull yet.

Reactions: nm9stheham

·
OCD Sledhead
Mach Z 900R
9,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #337 ·
if you're a corner to corner guy, why do you want the front up in the air? The R mo x corners way better on the throttle than the old setup because of this. You can still seat bounce the front up and over moguls and run them hard.

Do you have data logged on the manifold pressure ?

The bosch PCM in that sled is not more sophisticated than the pick up truck you likely drive to pull your sled, which is really no different than a super car either.
Muskoka trails get pounded out fast, mogul city. Riding here for over 50 yrs you want to blip the nose off moguls to skip them. This new Skid does not do that whatsoever, so I do not agree with you on that.

As for the ECU. Lots of talk with people working in them, and have been told by multiple people about the super encryption in this ECU. Maybe you should tell them your theory on my trucks ECU, Im sure they will get a good laugh. I have no skin in the game, just following along like everyone else.

Dan

·
OCD Sledhead
Mach Z 900R
9,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #339 ·
Dan,

Have you ever thought of adding the Remote Coupler Block adjuster:

Let’s you run coupled OR uncoupled…..I have one going on my XRS once I get the call that the SDCU/smart shox controller is in (assuming that happens this winter lol).

I thought this would make my sled an XRS/Lynx lol…..
Yes I have seen that before and would probably like it alot. I guess im just more looking at a few mods like I normally do which are simple and FREE. lol

But thanks for reminding me, I do like that item.

Dan

321 - 340 of 819 Posts