Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
281 - 300 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Adrenaline 900R
182 Posts
I work for a Company that manufactures engines and when the customer has a HP complaint first thing we do pull the engine logs and put it on the dyno and if it is meeting HP spec not much you can do.

99% of the time the engine is meeting or exceeding advertised horsepower I have found. As we have seen 900r is exceeding advertise horsepower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can live with that.
Then send us the correct clutch parts to meet 180 hp.
Cuz it ain't right.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
14,193 Posts
Would Dan or someone who knows him care to comment on fuel type? I picked up a post Dano made about running regular fuel and octane boost. Dan can you please answer this question been asked many times now.

RockerDan

Are you or are you not using regular fuel with octane boost in your Mach Z?

·
Registered
182 Posts
The big test came Sunday with our big local lake being ready to get onto ice(Lake of Bays).... side by side with Dano's test mule Adrenalin bone stock. Just to refresh memories, the Adrenalin initially had 5mph and 500 rpm over the Mach. Now with the Dalton adj ramps, these two sleds were basically identical in speed. Tapped 112 & 113GPS in some sections of the lake which has less snow than others.
I'm happy that the ramps/weights helped you out.

But the fact that a factory lowered Mach that costs approx 5k more than an Adrenalin needs aftermarket clutching to make it equal is pretty disgusting. I haven't seen a thread in the last 2-3 weeks bragging about the launch mode being the Golden ticket either...

·
Registered
492 Posts
That's the million dollar question " the required boost " is it 15, 16.5, 17. Unless something changes drastically after some undetermined amount of mileage doo's claim of 17+ psi was an epic fail.

Could it be a boost leak, sure but highly unlikely with the amount of sleds affected by this. Once i took delivery i spent a long full day and went over every nut, bolt, clamp, intercooler, intercooler drain plug and I bet I'm not the only one.
Guys with the Mach and other 900R models are swapping springs, grinding down the arms or replacing them all together, Putting PB80 clutches on, all in the hopes to hit 8000 rpm and to get above 114mph on a 26,000 dollar sled.

IMO this is not something we can fix, we can dress it up to work slightly better but its still lipstick on a pig until doo fixes this. Yet another million dollar question.
Your 100 % right on the Epic Fail , Brp has sucked Every one in again. If you want the Mach to go fast, Your going to drop another $4k with no warranty . When they said the lake racer was back , They meant a small lake in fine print.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
What a bunch of WHINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

·
Registered
22 900r adr
1,472 Posts
Will Dan be back to stock ramps when he finally figures out that the thing is over shifting in The driven that's the question for the day
I think at this point, the only saving grace of the Mach ramps is the engine really loosens up after the break in and the power and proper boost is there to pull the heavier tip weight. If not IMO the regular weights found on all other 900Rs work superior. Time will tell I guess.

Dan

·
Registered
492 Posts
What a bunch of WHINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
Stop drinking the yellow Koolaid ,
Paying
$ 25000 for a sled that is running as fast as a 600
Is terrible .
I have bought a couple of bad sleds over the years. This one isn’t bad but it is sure dam slow . The worst thing is BRP is saying
Nothing about the lack of speed .
again .

·
SkiDoo Guru
21,241 Posts
Stop drinking the yellow Koolaid ,
Paying
$ 25000 for a sled that is running as fast as a 600
Is terrible .
I have bought a couple of bad sleds over the years. This one isn’t bad but it is sure dam slow . The worst thing is BRP is saying
Nothing about the lack of speed .
again .
How would You know without access to BOSS WEB or the Community ?BRP Doesn't do DOOTALK !

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I think at this point, the only saving grace of the Mach ramps is the engine really loosens up after the break in and the power and proper boost is there to pull the heavier tip weight. If not IMO the regular weights found on all other 900Rs work superior. Time will tell I guess.

Dan
Did Dan not say these weights were showing signs of your clutch slipping?

·
OCD Sledhead
Mach Z 900R
9,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
I like the 880s far better then the 897 Mach ramps. Thought I mentioned that several times. The drive off and mid is just harder hitting. Mach ramps feel soft in bottom and mid in comparison. I 100% believe they designed them to help with LC, and me along with many others have gone to Dalton Adjustables which work much more like the 880s(depending on how you load them) and still allow the LC to work as my engagement is 3100-3200. I am running them pretty light though.

Going now to the ultimax will change things so I have some items going to order to work with that belt.

I have said this before and will mention it again, because I believe this is just not talked about enough. For anyone here to say he will be back to other ramps, or he will go another direction, ect ect....simply does not understand clutching. 5 guys can clutch the same sled 5 different ways, coming at things from a different approach. And all 5 of those sleds may have totally different components yet all wind up MPH similarly.

Clutching is a feel, and what you want from your sled. My top priority items are likely alot different than others. I loved my Pl/Pl secondary spring for years while most all others hated it. Im a corner to corner junky who wants to ride this like my 850.

And BTW I definitely will be doing a transfer MOD of my own, since this new RmoX IMO is way way too docile, BRP made this sled like that CAT skid and now its the most un-playful suspension I have rode on a Doo.

If you guys think gaining RPMS will make this sled magically MPH that is not gonna happen. We are down on BOOST IMO and fighting a ECU with more parameters than many of todays supercars. Until BRP gives us a flash to get some of these safety factors reduced, these 900r's will never be MPH sleds IMO.

My goal is to get my corner to corner Jam on with some serious clutching. 180/303 and 47 degree start-angle helix aint ever gone do that for me. ECU wont intrude on trails corner to corner, so for now its all about making this a corner to corner monster.

Dan

·
Registered
879 Posts
Well my Mach has just arrived at the dealer. Complete except DESS. it's up for sale. I will wait until 2023 release and see what happens. I still have a 2022 900r I will ride for now. I'm a little nervous about resale on the Mach. Dealer sold quite a few and they are all running low on top end and customers are not happy. I think around here there will be lots on Machs for sale soon. So probably easier to sell my 900r x. People don't usually buy them to run big mph.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I like the 880s far better then the 897 Mach ramps. Thought I mentioned that several times. The drive off and mid is just harder hitting. Mach ramps feel soft in bottom and mid in comparison. I 100% believe they designed them to help with LC, and me along with many others have gone to Dalton Adjustables which work much more like the 880s(depending on how you load them) and still allow the LC to work as my engagement is 3100-3200. I am running them pretty light though.

Going now to the ultimax will change things so I have some items going to order to work with that belt.

I have said this before and will mention it again, because I believe this is just not talked about enough. For anyone here to say he will be back to other ramps, or he will go another direction, ect ect....simply does not understand clutching. 5 guys can clutch the same sled 5 different ways, coming at things from a different approach. And all 5 of those sleds may have totally different components yet all wind up MPH similarly.

Clutching is a feel, and what you want from your sled. My top priority items are likely alot different than others. I loved my Pl/Pl secondary spring for years while most all others hated it. Im a corner to corner junky who wants to ride this like my 850.

And BTW I definitely will be doing a transfer MOD of my own, since this new RmoX IMO is way way too docile, BRP made this sled like that CAT skid and now its the most un-playful suspension I have rode on a Doo.

If you guys think gaining RPMS will make this sled magically MPH that is not gonna happen. We are down on BOOST IMO and fighting a ECU with more parameters than many of todays supercars. Until BRP gives us a flash to get some of these safety factors reduced, these 900r's will never be MPH sleds IMO.

My goal is to get my corner to corner Jam on with some serious clutching. 180/303 and 47 degree start-angle helix aint ever gone do that for me. ECU wont intrude on trails corner to corner, so for now its all about making this a corner to corner monster.

Dan
Bill Cudney has done this for years . It really works great on smaller lakes and corner to corner trail riding. Big lakes and long runs takes lots of H/P. And you are right about the Brp Programming.( Cadbury secret)
Unfortunately for Me and my friends ,Spend our time one a large lake in the Dorset area,
This separates the Chaff from the wheat when it comes to Top speed and H/p.
A Cat or Yamaha are always on the top of the leaderboard. Skidoo marches to its own drum,
With great riding and handling .

281 - 300 of 819 Posts