Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Love it! This is exactly how Dano's revs!

And you have the "single ply" track I assume? I have been thinking alot about tracks, as this is another difference in Dano and My Sled....lighter single ply, no studs making more rpms then heavier 2ply.

Definitely will be interesting when I do my studding, likely lose more rpms.

Dan
As posted earlier there are 1.5 tracks running 8000……I think chasing the track theory is a waste of time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's interesting.
You have increased the weight 2g,ish from 85.5g,
I was expecting at most a 300 increase from 7700 with the stock arm's. From your results with stock arm's i should over rev.

What was your rpm prior to switching the spring and arm's.
Type of track
Studs
Belt
Mach or other.
In all my years of testing I have found weight profile to effect clutch performance and shift more that total weight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
190-192 HP from 7400 to 7900 RPM…… come on, a chimp can clutch these 4 stokes with this much torque and HUGE powerband.

Doo advertised 180 HP whether that’s at 13 lbs or 17.5 lbs that is what it is. Manufacturers change specifications all the time.

Guys want the blippy throttle response of a 2 stroke, what you get with a turbo 4 stroke is insane midrange and top end. Yes it’s still the fastest 0-60 ft 0-330ft 0-660ft over 2 strokes but not “snappy”.

Many anticipated 3 things: 1)It’s a Mach Z so it will be the fastest or very close to the fastest sled made……2) The YamaCat has been out for 5 year so Doo knows exactly how fast they have to make it to beat them……3) YamaCat advertised 180 HP too but they are 204HP, that’s what Doo is doing as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a public relations disaster, I should have known not to buy the first year of any skidoo again.

Brp have got some sleds running decent and a whole pile that are just duds .

Customers are trying there best to figure what’s making these sleds so slow on there own.
By looking for leaks ,ramps ,springs , gears, in stalling boost gage’s , clutches The list goes on spending time and money as there season rolls on with no answer in sight.

These engines are all the same except for clutching. The only other factor I see is the programming that makes this sled run.

This will continue to happen until BRP figures out were they have gone wrong with the programming of this Engine and a update to fix it.

We all know this ECU /computer is loaded up with safety perimeters to prevent warranty issues down the road.( maybe to safe)

Brp should be sending Dealers and valued customers a bulletin or letter stating they are having technical issues and we are working hard to fix these issues .

Time is ticking on this season.
[/QUOTE
If you ordered the Mach because you wanted the ultimate trail sled, then you will get exactly what you’re expecting!
Not with the 850 being faster, lighter, and getting better gas mileage…….850 is your trail weapon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fb showing a Mach and 2022 srx running basically side by side for all the haters. Seems some Mach’s are running well and some not.
Ha ha ha !!!!! I ran a tuned 900R this weekend and it was strong in the middle but nothing up top past 90……The Mach Z owner, who owned the tuned 900R said the Mach is a big heavy pile of junk and he said I won’t even line up with you. He also state his 205 tuned 900R crushes his Mach.

Now to put this into perspective, this guy owns every Mach Z ever made and has them all yet in his garage. He said Doo sold us a bill of goods on this sled, it’s slow and handles for ****. He went on to say he has thrown everything it clutching wise and can’t make it go faster than an 850 and it loses to most 850’s .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ahhh, yet another trolling post.

I saw the FB post, they were side x side.

But I know, you know a guy who knows a guy who's buddy's cousins uncle's brother in law ran into a guy who had a dream where he saw a black sled almost get beat by a white sled so it must have been a Mach.

Yeah, these Bull 💩 posts are getting old.
No reason to BS anyone…….I am also the first one to say I think the Doo 850 is an amazing motor and performer. My group has 8 of the, and they are all STOUT !!

Group also ha one with 7400 miles and one with 10,500 and both motor never touched and ran HARD!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
" I ran a tuned 900R this weekend and it was strong in the middle but nothing up top past 90"

No such thing!

" He also state his 205 tuned 900R crushes his Mach."

No such thing!

" he has thrown everything it clutching wise and can’t make it go faster than an 850 and it loses to most 850’s "

Complete bull :poop:

The only thing that you have proven in any of the above is your just about as big of an idiot as 51f3.
I stated 900R and was wrong, 900 turbo. 2020 to be exact. Ran well to 90 and then not much left on snow maybe ice is different.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sure, they all wanted to go 120 GPS and beat the YammiCat by 10 sled lengths. They oversold it to themselves.

I want my wife to look like a young Sara Evans too.

In both cases, not going to happen.

On another note, I read another post today where a slow one became "a rocket" when the oil level was adjusted. Apparently oil level is pretty critical on a dry sump engine.
120 ain’t beating it by 10 lengths……keep dreaming

1 - 16 of 16 Posts