Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Only got to run one day on trail, and they are thin here. So not really any moguls. I did get to hit some holes here and there and at this early juncture I feel the Smart Shox may be the best thing I have ever experienced to date. I used to constantly be off my sled to adjust compression, where now I just flip switch. I went back and forth from medium to firmest alot, and the best way to describe it is firm makes the sled feel incredibly "connected" to the trail, sorta like a high end sports car does. And I hit some serious holes with that in firmest mode and there is pretty much no way I will ever bottom that out, and I am full soft on springs and all blocks. Medium mode tends to feel much more "disconnected" from the trail, what I would describe as the "cadillac" feel. It does still keep sled flat in corners even in softer mode however I prefer the stiffest mode for when really riding hard.

I would say the SS are the high point in my early ownership. Obviously power has 100% of my attention right now and very little sleep, thanks BRP!

Dan
I totally agree that the SS are my fav, I am waiting on the xrs 850 with SS at dealer wtithout SS chip...I think that will be my go to trail sled.Still like the mach....i was playing with different scenarios on SS, that might be counter intuitive...on a perfectly groomed trail I would put SS in sport +, and this thing would rail, no ski lift in corner....in the moguls I like sport (mid of SS) gives some ability to rebound and not get pushed into top of next mogul. and for little washboard moguls the comfort mode is sweet....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I may end up moving one magnet from the middle to the tip but I want to try it against my brothers x 900r first. I orginally turned 7700. Ripsaw 1.25" track. 144 studs in the center. 571 belt. Mach.

Last year I had a 21 XRS 900 with Whalen speed green wheel kit so I have ZRP tail stander weights in it from that.
did your engagement lower with the 160 start?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts