Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I agree , why are some Mach’s running at 7900 to 8000 rpms with the stock ramps .?
I know from my 19 turbo, springs were always the culprit for low RPM’s.
The Dalton ramps and weights will also bring the Rpms up , But if the spring is still week the same issues will keep on happening.

What about switching the the entire clutch from the Mach to the Adrenaline. ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I would be ditching the doo primary and secondary springs for Dalton's before adding the Dalton weights. I would also take an 1/8" off that spring cup while I was in there. Run it in same conditions/air temp with spring updates only to see if the results are the same and if they are then throw the weights into the mix..
Other than the different ramps , They all left the factory with the same clutches , Unless BRP got a bad batch of springs or a different supplier for the springs. Some Mach’s are pulling 8000/ 7900 all day long. It is definitely got a lot of people taking . Hopefully We get to the root of this issue.

·
Registered
492 Posts
After my Daltons arrive, and I have sled revving right, it will be interesting to see if the RPMS rise as I pile miles on, or will it remain unchanged?

Will be easy to see as I have Danos Adr as test mule.

Next thing will be to dive into the WG crack pressure if the break in achieves no gain in RPMs.

Dan
Could you get Dano to bring a Train load of Dalton adjustable ramps to Muskoka

·
Registered
492 Posts
Absolutely could be springs, but all else is identical on these two sled's clutching. Ramps are a quick change without the need to remove clutch and split open and change spring.

I will certainly dive deeper into clutching soon enough, this was a simple fast test to rule out that my mach is far below other sleds. This simple test with the 880 ramps tells me my mach is right where others are for the most part with this many miles in ticker.

Dan
Keep on Digging , My Machz still hasn’t arrived to test anything , I do think the Dalton ramps and weights are the best way to fine tune the clutch along with a good spring . Have you cut the 1/8 to 1/4 off of the spring cup yet? Is there any alinement issues from the primary to the secondary. I have most of the tools to play with the clutches but, No alignment tool or measurements To check for miss alinement.
Thanks for all your updates Rocker Dan.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I don't think it is a ramp issue on the Mach. My 00006 serial number Mach pulls 7900, pulls hard out of the hole or a role on and or using launch out of the hole. 95mph on dragy in 660. All the aforentioned data was with 3 miles on the clock so not a break in issue either. Very simular performance to my old stage 2 PEFI sled.

Do your diligence to ensure no boost leaks and ensure belt deflection is tight and not the loose nonsense they recommend in the manual to ensure no issues with electronic reverse engagement. Other than that, keep in mind BRP has many layers of safeties in the ecu for intake Temps etc etc that can pull power and drag down rpm so if your doing repeated wot runs or extended runs or driving in mild conditions your rpm will be down because of heat soak etc. These 900's are the most sensitive sled I have ever owned with regards to ambient temp and heat soak fast at WOT.

Hope this helps...

BJK
Did your dealer tell you this or is it I the owners manual. This is disappointing .

·
Registered
492 Posts
That's the million dollar question " the required boost " is it 15, 16.5, 17. Unless something changes drastically after some undetermined amount of mileage doo's claim of 17+ psi was an epic fail.

Could it be a boost leak, sure but highly unlikely with the amount of sleds affected by this. Once i took delivery i spent a long full day and went over every nut, bolt, clamp, intercooler, intercooler drain plug and I bet I'm not the only one.
Guys with the Mach and other 900R models are swapping springs, grinding down the arms or replacing them all together, Putting PB80 clutches on, all in the hopes to hit 8000 rpm and to get above 114mph on a 26,000 dollar sled.

IMO this is not something we can fix, we can dress it up to work slightly better but its still lipstick on a pig until doo fixes this. Yet another million dollar question.
Your 100 % right on the Epic Fail , Brp has sucked Every one in again. If you want the Mach to go fast, Your going to drop another $4k with no warranty . When they said the lake racer was back , They meant a small lake in fine print.

·
Registered
492 Posts
What a bunch of WHINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
Stop drinking the yellow Koolaid ,
Paying
$ 25000 for a sled that is running as fast as a 600
Is terrible .
I have bought a couple of bad sleds over the years. This one isn’t bad but it is sure dam slow . The worst thing is BRP is saying
Nothing about the lack of speed .
again .

·
Registered
492 Posts
I like the 880s far better then the 897 Mach ramps. Thought I mentioned that several times. The drive off and mid is just harder hitting. Mach ramps feel soft in bottom and mid in comparison. I 100% believe they designed them to help with LC, and me along with many others have gone to Dalton Adjustables which work much more like the 880s(depending on how you load them) and still allow the LC to work as my engagement is 3100-3200. I am running them pretty light though.

Going now to the ultimax will change things so I have some items going to order to work with that belt.

I have said this before and will mention it again, because I believe this is just not talked about enough. For anyone here to say he will be back to other ramps, or he will go another direction, ect ect....simply does not understand clutching. 5 guys can clutch the same sled 5 different ways, coming at things from a different approach. And all 5 of those sleds may have totally different components yet all wind up MPH similarly.

Clutching is a feel, and what you want from your sled. My top priority items are likely alot different than others. I loved my Pl/Pl secondary spring for years while most all others hated it. Im a corner to corner junky who wants to ride this like my 850.

And BTW I definitely will be doing a transfer MOD of my own, since this new RmoX IMO is way way too docile, BRP made this sled like that CAT skid and now its the most un-playful suspension I have rode on a Doo.

If you guys think gaining RPMS will make this sled magically MPH that is not gonna happen. We are down on BOOST IMO and fighting a ECU with more parameters than many of todays supercars. Until BRP gives us a flash to get some of these safety factors reduced, these 900r's will never be MPH sleds IMO.

My goal is to get my corner to corner Jam on with some serious clutching. 180/303 and 47 degree start-angle helix aint ever gone do that for me. ECU wont intrude on trails corner to corner, so for now its all about making this a corner to corner monster.

Dan
Bill Cudney has done this for years . It really works great on smaller lakes and corner to corner trail riding. Big lakes and long runs takes lots of H/P. And you are right about the Brp Programming.( Cadbury secret)
Unfortunately for Me and my friends ,Spend our time one a large lake in the Dorset area,
This separates the Chaff from the wheat when it comes to Top speed and H/p.
A Cat or Yamaha are always on the top of the leaderboard. Skidoo marches to its own drum,
With great riding and handling .

·
Registered
492 Posts
Seen 112 on speedometer and was still pulling, was running out of real estate so let off. only tried for short run due to still breaking in, the rest of time was short burst on trail and rpms were spot on
This is a public relations disaster, I should have known not to buy the first year of any skidoo again.

Brp have got some sleds running decent and a whole pile that are just duds .

Customers are trying there best to figure what’s making these sleds so slow on there own.
By looking for leaks ,ramps ,springs , gears, in stalling boost gage’s , clutches The list goes on spending time and money as there season rolls on with no answer in sight.

These engines are all the same except for clutching. The only other factor I see is the programming that makes this sled run.

This will continue to happen until BRP figures out were they have gone wrong with the programming of this Engine and a update to fix it.

We all know this ECU /computer is loaded up with safety perimeters to prevent warranty issues down the road.( maybe to safe)

Brp should be sending Dealers and valued customers a bulletin or letter stating they are having technical issues and we are working hard to fix these issues .

Time is ticking on this season.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Could’ve not said it better myself exactly what I think Smart shocks are some thing else game changer
Your 19 turbo is faster than you new $25.000 Mach z.
I am skidoo die hard, But when you see a great guy like Rocker Dan doing all the testing for us and coming up cold , There’s something wrong .
I and 10 friends didn’t purchase a Machz to go on a Sunday cruise .
It was advertised as The lake racer is back. I have a lake and Brp needs to give us the Racer part that we all paid for . $25.000

·
Registered
492 Posts
It appears you studded using a 3-2 pattern for a total of 120? What stud brand, type, size and backer did you go with?
What time and date are you testing on the lake of bays . The Algonquin Snowmobile club started stakeing it yesterday . I forgot ,What part of the lake are testing on? The picture of Dano was in front of BigWind Island.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts