Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
Yes, and my 2021 900t with 180 hp Whalen tune ran great consistently at 8000 rpm with the even smaller Intercooler. My 900t would kill this r topend.
I haven’t been able to get back up north to get back on my Mach, but mine definitely felt stronger than my 2021 with a 180 Whalen tune and I’m almost positive it was pulling 7800-7900. It’s been a month and it was only 1 day of ride time. I’ll finally be able to get up for some testing next weekend. I will mention that I did swap to Murray turbo clamps at the turbo and intercooler locations. Really curious to se how mine acts because I was very impressed the 1 day I had it out. Maybe I got a good one🤞🏻

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
Should we dust off the turbo 1200s or what? I don’t get it. I ordered the Mach for what I think is going to be the ultimate trail sled. If I want to go fast in a straight line I will bring the correct sled for the job.

I even bought 2 sidewinders last year just to see if they actually were great. Could not sell them fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you ordered the Mach because you wanted the ultimate trail sled, then you will get exactly what you’re expecting!

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
Or the SRX isn’t at full throttle .
The 900 ace is a great over achiever and has great take off speed but it seems to dies on the top end.
I would like to see all of the Mach’s running good and giving Yamaha and Cat a run for the money but
I personally don’t think it never going to happen.
The Yamaha motor has long legs and proven H/p with a lot of tuneable options.
It’s like bringing a knife to a gun fight.
You repeatedly add no value to this forum. I think everyone would be pleased if you took a break from repeatedly posting about how disappointed you are in a sled that you haven’t even taken delivery of. Everyone here gets that a tuned winder is in a different ball park and I don’t think anyone cares to be honest.

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
We've learned that the OP , RockerDan, makes assumptions about running parameters with no data to back them up (Boost issues), and also has very little understanding (self admitted) of how an ECU/PCM function, and even less understanding of of the components that make them up.

Some are slow and some are not. Rockerdan thinks its clutching but only does a portion of an A-B test, so the results are worthless anyways.

Flame away dootalk faithful -
That’s a pretty poor cheap shot at someone out here trying to come up with solutions for everyone that is having rpm issues with their Mach or 900r. Dan doesn’t have to share his testing with anyone, but does it because he’s a great dude. If you don’t like it then don’t pay attention to it.
If you have some better solutions based on your findings I’m sure everyone would be open to it, we will wait 😁

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
IMO the intercooler gets heat soaked and you loose some rpms
It absolutely does. Running the grade north of Gaylord this weekend and a few other long straight sections you can tell plain as day that the intercooler is heat soaked and the ecu is pulling rpm/power. Even without being heat soaked rpms are still an issue.

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
I'll be trying those 880 ramps when I get home they should be there by time I get back home
Let us know how you like the 880s with your setup. I will be installing a set this week and have a helix and spring coming from Chris. Hoping to get the sled right before my week trip in the Keweenaw!

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
Has anyone adjusted the crack pressure on there Mach? Does the ecu knock the boost back to the 15 ish lbs everyone is seeing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t think anyone has come out and said they have made an adjustment. If I remember correctly Hurricane is running 22 psi with the stand alone ecu without making any wastegate adjustment. I would say that points the finger at the ecu.

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
Based on some videos I seen this past spring, I believe crack pressure was supposed to be set at 11psi, but that was with a new actuator on these 900R’s. Has anyone checked theirs? I would have to imagine some of the tuners have verified whether or not it makes any difference.

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
Our Mach is running 7900-8000 out of the box, can’t see much need to fiddle with it. Maybe a hair soft in the mid range response but it runs pretty hard. Impressive actually wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it is. Smart shox sure corner flat wow!
Figure it will likely like a torsional secondary a little better and it should be good to go.
I know someone will get to the bottom of it eventually, but it’s pretty crazy how vastly different all these sleds are running. There’s gotta be a quality control issue causing this. If only we could data log these things!

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
For anyone wanting their Mach to run better, with the advise of a Rocker Dan ( thanks a ton!!!) I installed the 880 ramps and 44/38 helix while keeping the stock spring. Honestly can say that it feels like an entirely new sled! Pull so hard low-mid range it’s almost more than most people will need. Up top it never stops pulling and that feeling of hitting a wall on rail grades is no longer there. Little bit of background, my sled would hit 7700 every time and then drop back to 7600 and feel like ecu was pulling power. With the new combination it pulls 7900-8000 every time and hold rpm the way it should and no longer has the feeling that it’s pulling power. This was riding at about 20F. Sled now runs side by side with my buds thundercat from a slow roll, whoever gets the jump maintains the lead slightly. Can thank Dan enough, my Mach now feels like the sled that should have been delivered by brp.

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,288 Posts
We have another mach in our fleet so 3 of them. 2 of them were identical at 7400-7600 at best out of the box, both early builds, just added another mach, late build and it pegs to 8000-8100 every time and feels much stronger than the other 2. Im now convinced this is not clutching, its in the ecu but we are going to try a tial wastegate on one of the slow ones to see if it makes a difference.
Sounds like you may be in to something with the early vs late builds. Doo would have to know there is an issue with early builds if that is the case. It would be great if someone could get a late build(running 8000+ rpm) and get a boost number.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts