Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
61 - 80 of 158 Posts

· Registered
2,419 Posts
So i have a 850 wobbler then. Now just need a few 900r owners to check what they have and report. Muskokadoo said his does not wobble but no reports on nunbers on the inner...
I should have stated i have the xrs not a Mach, not that it should be any different.

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Was told by a very reputable Doo performance shop that all Pdrive clutches have a .024 imbalance built into the fixed.
Well i have a 2018 pdrive that is off 600rs that i was running on my 2016 renegade 1200 and it perfectly straight. See the video of it in my first post.
I am going to check my buddies 2020 900t this weekend to see which inner it has and if its a wobbler

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
then why different part numbers? and the 600 has no wobble
Exactly. Something is not adding up here. Is this a supplier shortage issue? or a running change? Or a brp screw up?
Just going to keep digging until we have a answer and solution
The early 600RS didn't have the notch?
No it has no notch. The 600 doesnt use the 850 wobble tech.
I was thinking that the 900 has no balance shaft so brp might claim to use a wobble to cushion vibs like the 850 but the fire order timing is way different on the 900 vs the 850 and would need a different wobble offset i would think. So that dosnt explain why the 900r comes with the 252 inner that is used on 850.

So that brings us to this question- does the 900 need the wobble if it turns out brp is purposely doing this? What happens when you run a tapp with no run out like cvt engines have had since its inventon??
My guess is nothing and it will not be any worse and may even be better..
To be tested this winter

· Premium Member
29,681 Posts
Something is not adding up here. Is this a supplier shortage issue? or a running change? Or a brp screw up?
Just going to keep digging until we have a answer and solution
I assume that you are referring to the different part numbers? Can you elaborate on those numbers and the question it is raising?

· Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,263 Posts
I assume that you are referring to the different part numbers? Can you elaborate on those numbers and the question it is raising?
850 has a 252 and 900 has 210 on parts fiche. It is claimed they all have the same wobble dimensions but that can't be true due to the different part numbers and like what was mentioned a 900 Triple does not have the same firing order as an 850 twin so they cannot have the same wobble by Design.

· Premium Member
29,681 Posts
850 has a 252 and 900 has 210 on parts fiche. It is claimed they all have the same wobble dimensions but that can't be true due to the different part numbers and like what was mentioned a 900 Triple does not have the same firing order as an 850 twin so they cannot have the same wobble by Design.
Oh ok. I thought there was also question with multiple part numbers for the 850.

· Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,227 Posts
Has anyone check the part number on previous 900T vs same year 850s? Are they different part numbers between 900 vs 850 each year? Could be possible that they do in fact us the same inner sheave, but due to supplier issues brp changes suppliers and the part diagram reflects and update part number. I will be watching to see what you find out.

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
Has anyone check the part number on previous 900T vs same year 850s? Are they different part numbers between 900 vs 850 each year? Could be possible that they do in fact us the same inner sheave, but due to supplier issues brp changes suppliers and the part diagram reflects and update part number. I will be watching to see what you find out.
900t from 2019 to 2023 is 210 inner
850 is 278 inner in 2018 and 2019. Then 333 in 2020. Then 332 from 2021 to 2023

Reactions: Daag44

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Yes I am just wondering why the different part number than what is listed in the parts fiche. Is it because of parts shortage that they used them, or is it on purpose brp decided to use this or a change up part number- but there is no change noted in the parts fische

· Premium Member
29,681 Posts
Yes I am just wondering why the different part number than what is listed in the parts fiche. Is it because of parts shortage that they used them, or is it on purpose brp decided to use this or a change up part number- but there is no change noted in the parts fische
I have seen the numbers on the parts not match the parts fiche, so that's a tricky one. Mike showed one with his 2022 having a 252, and the 2019 had a 280, so neither were in the parts fiche.

Can you find the position of the high spot on the sheave, and the position of the index notch on the circumference are on the 252 when the center is positioned to show a D ? I would assume 2 o'clock?

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I have seen the numbers on the parts not match the parts fiche, so that's a tricky one. Mike showed one with his 2022 having a 252, and the 2019 had a 280, so neither were in the parts fiche.

Can you find the position of the high spot on the sheave, and the position of the index notch on the circumference are on the 252 when the center is positioned to show a D ? I would assume 2 o'clock?
I wasnt too aware of the numbers matching thing so we will see if thats one of these cases.
As for the high and low spots i will mark it out and post

Reactions: Daag44

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
That is not even close to what I would expect on an 850, and the runout is low. The plot thickens lol
The readings may be low because the tip of the guage was placed where i have the arrows written because i have my secondary back in. Maybe at the outtermost.point it will be .024 like brp says. I will check that later

Reactions: Boylstonrider
61 - 80 of 158 Posts